Got my hand Cannon iv been looking for.

Discussion of handguns

Got my hand Cannon iv been looking for.

Postby Amazi on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Came a cross this and I couldn't pass it up for the price, the raging judge magnum.
I wish it was the 6in barrel but o well.
To show the size it's next to a Glock 19
Attachments
IMG_20170716_210856569.jpg
Amazi

Re: Got my hand Cannon iv been looking for.

Postby Ghost on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Cool, was considering one before I bought my 460V
Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Amazi wrote:Came a cross this and I couldn't pass it up for the price, the raging judge magnum.

Wowzer. What does that weigh?
Randygmn

Postby Amazi on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Randygmn wrote:
Amazi wrote:Came a cross this and I couldn't pass it up for the price, the raging judge magnum.

Wowzer. What does that weigh?

about 60oz, 3.75lbs
Amazi

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Every time I see one of these, I shake my head. :roll: The traditional purpose for a snubnose handgun is light weight and concealability, and this boat anchor is NEITHER. As a matter of fact, it's about as far away from an EDC gun as you can get, with the possible exception of a Smith 500. As a carry gun you can't have it loaded with shotshells, and as a bedside gun it's the same deal. About the only thing you can do with it with shotshells is carry it in snake country, and good luck carrying it for 5 or 10 miles with that weight. It's the ultimate example of throwing out the baby with the bathwater, because in creating this ridiculous hybrid, you pretty much nullify the advantages of a 45 LC handgun, and how many people really need a 4 lb .410 pistol??
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Ghost on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:17 pm

I'd still like to have one. You hit on many of the reasons why I went 460 though.
Ghost

Postby Amazi on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:59 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Every time I see one of these, I shake my head. :roll: The traditional purpose for a snubnose handgun is light weight and concealability, and this boat anchor is NEITHER. As a matter of fact, it's about as far away from an EDC gun as you can get, with the possible exception of a Smith 500. As a carry gun you can't have it loaded with shotshells, and as a bedside gun it's the same deal. About the only thing you can do with it with shotshells is carry it in snake country, and good luck carrying it for 5 or 10 miles with that weight. It's the ultimate example of throwing out the baby with the bathwater, because in creating this ridiculous hybrid, you pretty much nullify the advantages of a 45 LC handgun, and how many people really need a 4 lb .410 pistol??

You're sounding like a liberal there. I wanted the gun so I bought it. Never anywhere did I say I'm going to carry it.

Just for you I will get a holster and carry it. 4lbs ain't much on a belt. I carry usually that in my pockets at work.
Last edited by Amazi on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazi

Postby Rodentman on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:14 pm

Hand cannon. Nothing wrong with that.
Rodentman

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Every time I see one of these, I shake my head. :roll: The traditional purpose for a snubnose handgun is light weight and concealability, and this boat anchor is NEITHER. As a matter of fact, it's about as far away from an EDC gun as you can get, with the possible exception of a Smith 500. As a carry gun you can't have it loaded with shotshells, and as a bedside gun it's the same deal. About the only thing you can do with it with shotshells is carry it in snake country, and good luck carrying it for 5 or 10 miles with that weight. It's the ultimate example of throwing out the baby with the bathwater, because in creating this ridiculous hybrid, you pretty much nullify the advantages of a 45 LC handgun, and how many people really need a 4 lb .410 pistol??

Why can't you have it loaded with shot shells?
Holland&Holland

Postby Dutch on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Who cares about shot shells anyways when you can stuff it with 454 Casull?
Men may argue forever on what wins their wars, and welter in cons and pros, and seek for the answer at history's doors, but the man with the rifle knows.
Dutch

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:34 pm

Well, time to eat some crow. I was unaware that Taurus had upgraded their initial Judge boat anchor that was 45LC/410 to a 454/410. That being said, it's still a boat anchor. Clearly, a 460 has the zip to it, and a barrel that allows you to make a shot at more than 15 feet. As far as using 410 shotshells in a 2" barrel nightstand gun, you're not going to be able to control where ALL those pellets go, and if the night stalker doesn't die on the spot, having a wounded suspect still able to lie through his teeth is your worst legal nightmare. Plus with a 460, you can load some pretty damn effective shotshells with just the brass cases. I loaded some 500 cases for water moccasins down here, and they hold the same weight of shot that a 410 does.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Amazi on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:52 am

They make some damn good 410 sense the judge came out. Would it work as a bed gun yeah regardless what I put in it unless I put some low end 410. But I'll stick with my python for that.
You can reach out with a 3in barrel 100+ yards with 45lc and 454 and a slug. It's not a nail driver but handguns aren't really that.
I had a Smith 460, sold it and won't look back till Ruger makes one. I don't really care much at all for newer Smiths. I'll buy one that's pre 1990 but anything after probably not.
Amazi

Postby Lumpy on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:10 pm

A revolver should not have a cylinder longer than its barrel. :P
Lumpy

Postby Amazi on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:38 pm

They should be the same length I think the cylinder is 1/10in longer then barrel so basically the same. I'll probably use it for grouse in northern mn sense there you can damn near catch them with your hands.
Amazi

Return to Handguns