P320

Discussion of handguns

P320

Postby LumberZach on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:59 pm

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-v ... e-program/

Now that the upgrade is being offered, the question is: is everyone sending in their gun to upgrade? I'm not convinced it's worth the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumberZach

Re: P320

Postby Ghost on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:24 am

I don't have one but my luck would be that if I did, that would be the gun I'd drop and it would likely land in that 1 in a million position where it would shoot me in the ass.

I've never been to worried about dropped guns going bang but I think knowing that there could be an issue would bug me.
Ghost

Postby Scratch on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:32 am

I don't have one, but I'd definitely do it. A free safety upgrade, performed by Sig, with them covering shipping both ways...? Sounds like the only hassle is not having your gun for a while. Unless it's your only handgun, it doesn't seem like much of a hassle... But if it was my only handgun, I'd still do it. Unless you can control how your gun gets dropped every time...

IMO, the drop test standards need to be changed so that the firearms are dropped in the way that would make gun MOST likely to fire, like what was discovered recently. If it won't fire in this position, it shouldn't fire in any other position.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby sprigfan on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:04 pm

After some thought, I submitted the upgrade form last night. I hesitated because I hate flat triggers, but I agree with Ghost's line of thinking. Safety is most important, even if the risk is very small.

Even though I love it (it's my carry and nightstand gun) if I can't get used to the flat trigger, I'll just trade the gun in for something else.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
sprigfan

Postby andrewP on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:19 pm

LumberZach wrote:I'm not convinced it's worth the hassle.

I've never dropped a gun, but if I had a P320, it'd be making a trip back to SIG, because the fact that I haven't dropped a gun in the past in no way protects me from a random future butter fingers moment, and in the case of a P320 which hasn't had the upgrade/recall/fix/whatever you want to call it done, the consequences could be dire. As is frequently said about the choice of whether or not to carry a gun, it's not the odds, it's the stakes.
andrewP

Re:

Postby Ghost on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:40 pm

sprigfan wrote:I'll just trade the gun in for something else.

You are a sprig fan anyway ;)
Ghost

Postby mmcnx2 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:47 pm

I'd also suggest if anyone has one it go back to Sig to get the fix. Just think if it gets dropped in instead of you shooting yourself you shot someone else. You liability is going to be off the scale - I can hear the layers now - "so you knew it was faulty and had an chance to get it fixed for free and you decided not to get it fixed". Almost make you hope it only shoots you when/if you drop it.
mmcnx2

P320

Postby LumberZach on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 am

Will do. From what I'm seeing I think the drop thing is a bit over blown. I know it's free, but it's still a hassle to get the gun sent off and wait for it to get back. I will get it started if the consensus is to do so.

LumberZach

Postby andrewP on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:00 pm

LumberZach wrote:Will do. From what I'm seeing I think the drop thing is a bit over blown. I know it's free, but it's still a hassle to get the gun sent off and wait for it to get back. I will get it started if the consensus is to do so.

Definitely best to get it fixed.

I'm just surprised to hear that you bought a pistol that wasn't a Glock. From previous in person discussions, I thought you were going to be brand loyal for life. :)
andrewP

P320

Postby LumberZach on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:28 am

andrewP wrote:
LumberZach wrote:Will do. From what I'm seeing I think the drop thing is a bit over blown. I know it's free, but it's still a hassle to get the gun sent off and wait for it to get back. I will get it started if the consensus is to do so.

Definitely best to get it fixed.

I'm just surprised to hear that you bought a pistol that wasn't a Glock. From previous in person discussions, I thought you were going to be brand loyal for life. :)

Well.... I somewhat bought it because my fiancé liked it. Anytime she decides she likes something decently affordable I buy one. Mostly I'm trying to feed her shooting habit until she becomes as helplessly addicted as I am. Unfortunately then, I end up with a gun that needs to go back to the factory. Don't worry though, I'm still a glock fanboy for life haha.

LumberZach

Postby andrewP on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

LumberZach wrote:Well.... I somewhat bought it because my fiancé liked it. Anytime she decides she likes something decently affordable I buy one. Mostly I'm trying to feed her shooting habit until she becomes as helplessly addicted as I am.

Haha, seems like an effective plan. Too bad you haven't had time to bring her to any matches at Oakdale this summer - that's the true path to addiction, at least in terms of pistols. :)
andrewP

P320

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:19 pm

I own one and it's not getting sent back. I can't even get the form to work on sig website.

Just don't drop your gun. Isn't part of good firearm training is establish a firm grip on the firearm?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby unfitmother on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 pm

If you haven't seen Andrew Tuohy's tests, posted at Omaha Outdoors, check it out. I don't have a horse in the race (all my SIGs and other striker fired handguns where lost in the boating accident). I'm just a fan of Tuohy's use of the scientific method.

Semper Gumby
unfitmother

Postby INOR on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:12 am

My brother-in-law bought a new P320 a while ago and I'm sure will be sending it in to SIG for rework. He's been pretty disappointed by this, I think. The Omaha Outdoors videos on this have been pretty good and explanatory. I agree that proper gun handling and safety should mitigate the risk of an accidental discharge, but even so, I'd still get it done if I owned one.
INOR

Postby ZeeC on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:42 am

I'm on the liability issue, get it fixed or get rid of it.
ZeeC

Next

Return to Handguns