J frames

Discussion of handguns

Re: J frames

Postby Ironbear on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:18 pm

I have a Sideguard IWB for a J frame that I like a lot.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Pat Cannon on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:36 pm

Ironbear wrote:I have a Sideguard IWB for a J frame that I like a lot.

+1 for Side Guard. I have one for my SP101. http://sideguardholsters.com/gunmodels/ ... lsters.htm
Pat Cannon

Postby Drizzle on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:06 am

Yup, staging the trigger is the way to go for accurate shooting. With a little practice, you can squeeze the trigger back until you find the flat spot, hold, and release the last little but nearly as well as cocking the hammer and shooting SA. Benny showed me how to do this and with some dry fire practice it's not all that hard to do all the tine.
Drizzle

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Pat Cannon wrote:
Ironbear wrote:I have a Sideguard IWB for a J frame that I like a lot.

+1 for Side Guard. I have one for my SP101. http://sideguardholsters.com/gunmodels/ ... lsters.htm

I've never met a sideguard that I didn't like.
Holland&Holland

J frames

Postby INOR on Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:47 am

I definitely have practiced more “precision” shots with the 642 by staging the trigger as others have described here. That is good advice. However from a practical defensive standpoint, I doubt that staging the trigger would be an option in a real defensive scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Bessy on Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:03 am

INOR wrote:I definitely have practiced more “precision” shots with the 642 by staging the trigger as others have described here. That is good advice. However from a practical defensive standpoint, I doubt that staging the trigger would be an option in a real defensive scenario.

You get quicker as you practice more... and instead of two deliberate motions it becomes part of your one continous trigger pull. It's same technique I use for shooting my big boy revolvers in USPSA, and it's basically the only way to be both fast and accurate if you are dealing with a heavy double action pull.
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

J frames

Postby INOR on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:19 pm

Have been carrying the 642 a lot more over the winter. Not sure why but have been grabbing that one a lot lately. I did pick up a relentless tactical leather iwb. It’s a pretty comfortable setup. Still breaking the leather in though. It’s still pretty snug.

INOR

Previous

Return to Handguns