BPR today & PPS random whining

Discussion of handguns

Re: BPR today & PPS random whining

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am

You guys do realize there is no monogamy requirement in the 2nd amendment.

I love my 1911s as well but a glock 19 is not a bad basic all around place to start.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:21 pm

xd ED wrote:
Ghost wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:Boy, this place is slipping. Where are the 1911 fan boys to shout about how Glocks are plastic foreign crap and the venerable John Browning has the only design that really works for proud Americans to protect themselves. Cocked and Locked baby...........Yaaaaah!

I prefer a 1911 to a glock :D

But I don't care what other people carry.

I prefer an xd to a Glock, because like the 1911 it properly has the correct grip angle and grip safety.

Agree
Last edited by Ghost on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:You guys do realize there is no monogamy requirement in the 2nd amendment.

I love my 1911s as well but a glock 19 is not a bad basic all around place to start.

I have my fair share of blued, stainless, Tupperware and even some non-Russsstra approved pot metal pistols.
Ghost

Postby andrewP on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:09 pm

INOR wrote:Went back to shooting my Shield and started fingering the trigger guard in an attempt to drop the mag one time. I don’t need that kind of inconsistency and gun confusion.

Time to ditch all of those crappy button guns and go all paddles. :o
andrewP

BPR today & PPS random whining

Postby INOR on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:14 am

andrewP wrote:
Time to ditch all of those crappy button guns and go all paddles. :o

Ha. I hadn’t thought of that option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:16 am

xd ED wrote:
I prefer an xd to a Glock, because like the 1911 it properly has the correct grip angle and grip safety.

Grip safeties, one more thing to go wrong.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:58 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:
xd ED wrote:

Seems this feature has stood the test of time.
Ghost

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:11 am

Ghost wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:
xd ED wrote:

Seems this feature has stood the test of time.

To each their own :) , and I started out as a 1911 guy. But I've seen many times on the line when people manage to not disengage the grip safety and spend seconds trying to figure out why they can't pull the trigger. It's either the grip safety, or the other safety. I'll take striker fired, no manual safeties.

Bill Jordan chose the revolver over the 1911, because he didn't like those safeties.
Jackpine Savage

Postby dleong on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 am

As someone with relatively small hands, I find paddle releases to be advantageous as I can very easily depress the right side paddle with my trigger finger to drop the magazine without changing my grip. A standard magazine release normally requires me to swivel the gun slightly to the left for my thumb to reach the button.
dleong

Postby ZeeC on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:25 pm

dleong wrote:As someone with relatively small hands, I find paddle releases to be advantageous as I can very easily depress the right side paddle with my trigger finger to drop the magazine without changing my grip. A standard magazine release normally requires me to swivel the gun slightly to the left for my thumb to reach the button.

Yup keep the PPS pick up a P99 and or a PPQ M1 Just stay away from the PK380
ZeeC

Postby andrewP on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:18 am

dleong wrote:As someone with relatively small hands, I find paddle releases to be advantageous as I can very easily depress the right side paddle with my trigger finger to drop the magazine without changing my grip. A standard magazine release normally requires me to swivel the gun slightly to the left for my thumb to reach the button.

That is exactly why I love paddle releases. If I ever own a button gun, it will have to be one with either reversible or ambidextrous buttons so that I'll be able to hit the button with my trigger finger. Doing things that way is also beneficial for competition; it is literally impossible for me to reload with my finger on the trigger, as I'm using that finger for something else at the time - no way I can get called for it. :)
andrewP

Postby andrewP on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:24 am

ZeeC wrote:Yup keep the PPS pick up a P99 and or a PPQ M1 Just stay away from the PK380

Love the Walther guns, but HK also makes some very nice options with paddles - USP, P2000, P30, VP9, HK45. I've even read credible accounts of the USP .45 being able to handle shooting .45 Super, if you need something "heavier." (Someone over on pistol-forum.com apparently carries one loaded with .45 super in Alaska because bears are a legitimate threat, and he couldn't get 10mm Glocks to be reliable with heavy hard cast loads)
andrewP

Previous

Return to Handguns