BPR today & PPS random whining

Discussion of handguns

Postby INOR on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:37 pm

Popped by this afternoon. Was pretty busy there today. Brought the M&P 40, a PPS 9, and my Shield 9.

Have decided the PPS just doesn’t suit me and it’s time for me to sell that one. I just can’t seem to shoot consistent groups with that gun. I don’t think anything is wrong with the gun itself but it just doesn’t suit me and that’s affecting my shooting negatively. And I just don’t want this one around any more as the paddle style magazine release just causes confusion. Went back to shooting my Shield and started fingering the trigger guard in an attempt to drop the mag one time. I don’t need that kind of inconsistency and gun confusion.

In contrast, the Shield suits me very well. Love everything about that handgun. I know a lot of people say the trigger could be improved with an apex kit but I don’t have any issues with the factory trigger. Only thing on it that kinda bugs me sometimes is that the slide release is so tiny and the spring is so heavy that it’s next to impossible to use that to release the slide. Which is fine anyways as it’s just as easy to cycle it by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:12 pm

I know what you are saying about the PPS. I bought a VP9 last year and even though it has a nice trigger I just cannot warm up to it. Grip is different from the blocky guns like XD I am used to :)
gun_fan111v2

Re: BPR today & PPS random whining

Postby Hmac on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:02 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:I know what you are saying about the PPS. I bought a VP9 last year and even though it has a nice trigger I just cannot warm up to it. Grip is different from the blocky guns like XD I am used to :)

PPS is about at blocky as they come. Looks like it’s made out of Leggos.
Hmac

Postby INOR on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Yeah, the PPS is blocky. I liked it’s odd styling at first. They smoothed it out some with the PPS M2 version. I’ve never shot a VP9 or any HK product for that matter. But yeah, I guess there are bound to be some guns that just don’t fit a person. Anyhow, time for that to go and I’ll try something new. I’ve never owned a glock before. Have shot them with friends and liked them but have resisted getting one. Maybe now is the time to try one out.

INOR

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:20 pm

INOR wrote:Yeah, the PPS is blocky. I liked it’s odd styling at first. They smoothed it out some with the PPS M2 version. I’ve never shot a VP9 or any HK product for that matter. But yeah, I guess there are bound to be some guns that just don’t fit a person. Anyhow, time for that to go and I’ll try something new. I’ve never owned a glock before. Have shot them with friends and liked them but have resisted getting one. Maybe now is the time to try one out.

Glock is the one I've never been able to shoot. I've tried friends guns and my sisters duty gun but I can't shoot them. I'll shoot my XDm so well that I've had people come up to me at the range and ask if I'd be willing to give them lessons. Maybe one of the newer glocks would be different.
Ghost

Postby mmcnx2 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:39 pm

I've got a PPS M2 and love it. Shoots like a dream and fits me better than the 43. To each there own, I've got a 27 I'd trade for a second PPS any day. I'm not anti-Glock, I have 34 MOS and shoot it great, just not a fan of their compacts.
mmcnx2

Postby brad3579 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:03 pm

Ghost wrote:Glock is the one I've never been able to shoot. I've tried friends guns and my sisters duty gun but I can't shoot them. I'll shoot my XDm so well that I've had people come up to me at the range and ask if I'd be willing to give them lessons. Maybe one of the newer glocks would be different.

Newer Glock will not change it, it is the grip angle. I have a lot of Glock's and one of the few guns that I have bought and sold is an XD40 because it did not work for me unless I really concentrated on the shots.Try picking up a XD and holding to line up with the sights with your eyes closed, open your eyes and see how close you are to plane with the sights, do the same with a Glock and you will see the difference.
brad3579

Postby INOR on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:12 pm

Hmmm. I better go to bills and rent a couple glocks first as it’s been a while since I’ve shot one and the last one was a gen 3 G19.

INOR

Postby brad3579 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:17 pm

If you are thinking Bill's North, let me know what models you would like to try out and I will bring them and meet you there.
brad3579

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:02 pm

INOR wrote:Hmmm. I better go to bills and rent a couple glocks first as it’s been a while since I’ve shot one and the last one was a gen 3 G19.

Glock 19 is a standard in my mine. Large enough to be shootable, small enough to not be too big. Simple controls. I always recommend that as one for a newbie to try.
Holland&Holland

Postby INOR on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:40 am

brad3579 wrote:If you are thinking Bill's North, let me know what models you would like to try out and I will bring them and meet you there.

Thanks. But I’m on the south side and I’d probably head more over towards the Hudson one.

INOR

Postby INOR on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:41 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
INOR wrote:Hmmm. I better go to bills and rent a couple glocks first as it’s been a while since I’ve shot one and the last one was a gen 3 G19.

Glock 19 is a standard in my mine. Large enough to be shootable, small enough to not be too big. Simple controls. I always recommend that as one for a newbie to try.

Yeah, a glock 19 has been on the radar. Seems to be a good all purpose sort of handgun.

INOR

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:27 am

Boy, this place is slipping. Where are the 1911 fan boys to shout about how Glocks are plastic foreign crap and the venerable John Browning has the only design that really works for proud Americans to protect themselves. Cocked and Locked baby...........Yaaaaah!
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:53 am

yukonjasper wrote:Boy, this place is slipping. Where are the 1911 fan boys to shout about how Glocks are plastic foreign crap and the venerable John Browning has the only design that really works for proud Americans to protect themselves. Cocked and Locked baby...........Yaaaaah!

I prefer a 1911 to a glock :D

But I don't care what other people carry.
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:12 am

Ghost wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:Boy, this place is slipping. Where are the 1911 fan boys to shout about how Glocks are plastic foreign crap and the venerable John Browning has the only design that really works for proud Americans to protect themselves. Cocked and Locked baby...........Yaaaaah!

I prefer a 1911 to a glock :D

But I don't care what other people carry.

I prefer an xd to a Glock, because like the 1911 it properly has the correct grip angle and grip safety.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Next

Return to Handguns