Did some stippling

Discussion of handguns

Re: Did some stippling

Postby Scratch on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:47 am

BigBlue wrote:
Scratch wrote:As far as looks...I really love the look of the stipple pattern. I've looked at a lot of patterns and this one has always been my favorite. The pattern turned out exactly how I wanted it. Random with a slightly hidden pattern...

Random?? I thought it was snowflakes to honor our never-ending Minnesota winter of 2018?

Ugh... Don't remind me!
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby xd ED on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:52 am

Scratch wrote:......
The grip was way better. The texture makes it much more grippy. I thought it might be too rough on my hands, but after an hour or so of playing with it, I've decided it's not. I liked it so much Im considering doing the texture (but not the borders) to my carry gun, so I removed the mag flare and tried it IWB against the bare skin on my waist, and while I could definitely feel it was more rough, it didn't bother me. I wore it around the house for a while and didn't notice any redness or it feeling uncomfortable at any time, but I think I'll have to do more testing with it before I do my carry gun. I'll have to try it for a full day and see. I have to imagine that it might get kind of uncomfortable after a while. We'll see how it is in the summer heat........

I've never done stippling, but I'm guessing if some areas are too pronounced/ aggressive for exposed skin, a really light sanding...220 grit+, would change the texture, as well as soften the appearance.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Bitter Bastard on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Looks really pretty good. Let us know how it shoots when you get the chance.

Good luck!

Bitter Bastard
Bitter Bastard

Previous

Return to Handguns