Glock 19X

Discussion of handguns

Glock 19X

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Went to my local dealer to fondle the Glocks in the case. Mainly wanted to check out the Gen5 Glock 19. They had one in the case and it was pretty neat. I've never held a Gen2 Glock without finger grooves so that grip of the Gen5 felt a little different. Being left handed I liked the addition of the left hand slide release. I was ready to fill out the digital paperwork (laptop) when the guy behind the counter asked if I had considered the 19X. I told him I had forgot about that model honestly. He said hold on let me go grab one. We just got some in. He comes back with a FDE Glock case. I open it and I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. The all FDE (Coyote is the proper term for the color I guess from Glock) was amazing. I quickly saw 17 grip with a 19 slide configuration. But the fullsize grip felt better than the 19 Gen5 grip. I didn't like the cut out on the front of the 19 Gen5 grip. So that helped sway me. Another thing I noticed was factory installed night sights. I thought awesome! Don't have to buy different sights now. The three magazines are also coyote colored. Two have factory installed +2 base plates. So that's cool. I asked how much more will this 19X cost me? The Gen5 19 was $559.99. The 19X was $594.99. I felt it would be extra money well spent. The fit and finish seems better, and I'm a sucker for anything FDE (I mean coyote).

Can't wait to run some rounds though it! Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Glock 19X

Postby INOR on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:18 pm

PHATSPEED7x wrote:Went to my local dealer to fondle the Glocks in the case. Mainly wanted to check out the Gen5 Glock 19. They had one in the case and it was pretty neat. I've never held a Gen2 Glock without finger grooves so that grip of the Gen5 felt a little different. Being left handed I liked the addition of the left hand slide release. I was ready to fill out the digital paperwork (laptop) when the guy behind the counter asked if I had considered the 19X. I told him I had forgot about that model honestly. He said hold on let me go grab one. We just got some in. He comes back with a FDE Glock case. I open it and I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. The all FDE (Coyote is the proper term for the color I guess from Glock) was amazing. I quickly saw 17 grip with a 19 slide configuration. But the fullsize grip felt better than the 19 Gen5 grip. I didn't like the cut out on the front of the 19 Gen5 grip. So that helped sway me. Another thing I noticed was factory installed night sights. I thought awesome! Don't have to buy different sights now. The three magazines are also coyote colored. Two have factory installed +2 base plates. So that's cool. I asked how much more will this 19X cost me? The Gen5 19 was $559.99. The 19X was $594.99. I felt it would be extra money well spent. The fit and finish seems better, and I'm a sucker for anything FDE (I mean coyote).

Can't wait to run some rounds though it! Image

Haven’t seen or handled one in person yet. But looks like a nice gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Re: Glock 19X

Postby Ghost on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:33 pm

I like that better than the black ones
Ghost

Postby mmcnx2 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:11 pm

Why would anyone want a baby poop brown gun?
mmcnx2

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:18 pm

mmcnx2 wrote:Why would anyone want a baby poop brown gun?
Because black guns are scary? I personally like the color. Image

"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Ghost on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:32 pm

Thought that also until I bought my first FDE and then it started reproducing

Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:43 pm

Ghost wrote:

Thought that also until I bought my first FDE and then it started reproducing

Don't need a paternity test to see those all have the same father.

Nice!
Holland&Holland

Glock 19X

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Congrats OP. Quick question, why not a 17 then? With the longer grip, why not get the benefits of the longer barrel?
gun_fan111v2

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:38 am

gun_fan111v2 wrote:Congrats OP. Quick question, why not a 17 then? With the longer grip, why not get the benefits of the longer barrel?
Because I'm a fan of the commander size firearms. Before this I owned a Sig Sauer P320 carry. Same concept. 4" barrel. Fullsize grip. After the drop safe recall on the Sig I sold it. The 19X is what I originally wanted but it wasn't brought to market yet.

PHATSPEED7x

Postby rtk on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:34 am

You can never go wrong with a glock.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 am

rtk wrote:You can never go wrong with a glock.
Yeah. Last year I carried a Sig Sauer P320 carry 9mm. Figured I'd give it a try since it did win the government contract. But when the drop fire issue cams along I dumped it. Then the new owner had a hell of a time getting the recall done on the pistol. Took almost 5 months. Yikes.

PHATSPEED7x

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:44 am

To blend in when hiding in poop of course.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:00 am

You got me thinking about sidelining my 642 and going back to my 26 or 36 for EDC - weather and clothing choices would seem to suggest the opposite, but I did like carrying my 26. Picked up a 36 right about the time the little snubbie caught my attention years ago. Time to reassess..................

I have to get some range time. Seems like with everything I want to do at the range I could book for a whole weekend and still not get through all of what I want to do. I know, I know, Rich White Privilege Problems............ :D

I am starting to warm up to the baby poop..................I can definitely see the applications for it.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Return to Handguns