Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm 1.0

Discussion of handguns

Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm 1.0

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:08 pm

I will be getting one of these Friday hopefully. Local dealer has the standard model in stock for $299, plus Smith and Wesson is doing a $50 mail in rebate on them. I did own one for a very short amount of time like a year after they were released, but I was offered more money than what I paid for that one back in 2013 (I think I sold it for nearly $600). If funds would allow I would spring for the 2.0 version, but I'm content in using the savings of the initial purchase towards other necessary carry gear (holster, ammo, maybe an extra mag or two).

Just want to get a feel for what shield owners love or hate about their gun. I know my buddy loves his shield so much that he went out and bought the 45 ACP version of it also.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Re: Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm 1.0

Postby Dill on Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:44 pm

I had one but let it go in favor of an XDS. My only real complaints were the stock sights were awful, the trigger was too, and it was difficult as hell to seat the mag after chambering a round and topping off the mag.
Dill

Return to Handguns