Beretta APX

Discussion of handguns

Beretta APX

Postby goalie on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:39 am

Anyone here have one? I just pulled the trigger on a compact since I fell into a deal ($329 shipped, NIB) and I can buy a centurion frame for about $50.

I take a decent amount of women (nurses) shooting, and heard that the trigger reach and grip size is good for people with smaller hands with the small backstrap installed.

New shooters usually love my VP9sk right up until they see the price, so I hope this doesn't totally suck.......

At the very least, it'll be my steel-cased cabin blaster.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Re: Beretta APX

Postby Drizzle on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:34 am

This guy seems to be a fan. I might be too, if I wasn't into so many other pistols.

https://www.gunnuts.net/2020/05/14/is-t ... -any-good/
Drizzle

Postby goalie on Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:46 pm

Drizzle wrote:This guy seems to be a fan. I might be too, if I wasn't into so many other pistols.

https://www.gunnuts.net/2020/05/14/is-t ... -any-good/
Yeah, he lost me with the dig on Canik though. They might be made in an evil country, but the TP9 series doesn't suck. I put a lot of rounds through one with no issues, and Battlefield Las Vegas says they hold up as high-volume rentals.

Anyhow, I'm excited to put some rounds through the APX this weekend and see how I like it.

goalie

Beretta APX

Postby goalie on Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:18 pm

250 rounds through it yesterday. 147g (100) and 115g(150) without any issues.

For the price, it's pretty nice. I like that it's between a G26 size (pinky hanging off) and G19 size. I can get a "real" grip on it when firing.

The trigger is nice and crisp, but it's a little heavier than most striker fired guns I own. Not a lot of travel, good reset. Really nice IMO for a carry/duty gun. It wasn't heavy like a NY in a Glock, but it wasn't something you could accidentally make go bang.

I'm not a fan of the sights, so I blacked out the rear dots.

It's recoil impulse seems low. A lot like my S&W 2.0 4" compact.

I can't wait to get it outside at the cabin and run through some steel cased ammo I've got sitting around.

I will say that the build quality seems a lot nicer than other "cheap" guns I've shot. The slide machining was clean without tool marks. The magazines come FLYING out when you hit the release.

Rapid fire at ten yards yielded more than acceptable accuracy for me, since I'm not exactly the world's best pistol shot.

I did seem to shoot it better left handed and one handed than I shoot my Glocks, it was on par in that regard with my VP9sk.

I could easily see this becoming my vehicle console gun, with larger APX magazines for reload.Image

goalie

Beretta APX

Postby goalie on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:38 pm

Put another 300 rounds through it this weekend. All Wolf steel cased 115g.

Still no malfunctions.

I'm shooting it better with the sights blacked out. The front sight dot being bigger than the rear sight dots just looked wrong to me.

The trigger has broken in nicely. I think I like it enough to use the Beretta store sale and buy a centurion frame and a few 15 round mags.

I'm debating whether I should have the sights swapped out. Apparently they are a massive PITA to change, even with a pusher (which I have)

goalie

Beretta APX

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:13 pm

Sounds like a nice reasonably priced pistol.

Centurion has a regular grip and shorter slide, right? Don’t know much about Beretta terms.
gun_fan111v2

Postby goalie on Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:54 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:Sounds like a nice reasonably priced pistol.

Centurion has a regular grip and shorter slide, right? Don’t know much about Beretta terms.
The centurion and the compact have the same slide. The grip is a little longer on the Centurion.

goalie

Return to Handguns