Friend looking for a HD gun/first gun

Discussion of handguns

Re: Friend looking for a HD gun/first gun

Postby linksep on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:21 am

If it took "the purge" to get this person interested in the second amendment I'm just going to go ahead and make some assumptions... My broadest suggestions for first handgun for someone that has had NO interest in guns whatsoever until "the purge" came to their neighborhood: Heaviest gun they can find with a mild recoiling cartridge.

Examples: A 4" or longer steel .38 Spl or .357 revolver, a CZ75 or other metal 9mm guns with exceptionally low bore axis, some flavor of 1911.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:40 am

Yes. SAR K2 45. The operation of safety etc. is the only concern. Shotgun was also high on the list. Minimize over penetration.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Friend looking for a HD gun/first gun

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:45 am

yukonjasper wrote:Yes. SAR K2 45. The operation of safety etc. is the only concern. Shotgun was also high on the list. Minimize over penetration.

Still regret not picking one up for $350 when they stopped importing them and were selling off the last of the stock
gun_fan111v2

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:16 am

yukonjasper wrote:Yes. SAR K2 45. The operation of safety etc. is the only concern. Shotgun was also high on the list. Minimize over penetration.

Are you shooting bird shot? Otherwise you might want to look into that penetration assumption a bit.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to Handguns