Ruger Wranglers in Minnesota?

Discussion of handguns

Postby littleguns on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:33 am

Has anyone figured out a legal way to acquire a Ruger Wrangler in Minnesota? The antiquated "melting point" law has made Minnesota one of only two or three states that have decided the Wranglers are just too darned dangerous to sell here :shock: . I've seen a couple at gunshows, and even one in a gun shop at a crazy high price, and I can have them shipped to a Minnesota FFL for transfer -- but he can't transfer it to me once it's in his possession. A crazy Catch 22 situation. All I can figure out is if someone (1) bought a Wrangler legally in an enlightened state, (2) moved to Minnesota, (3) then sold it as a private seller to a Minnesota handgun-purchase holder, acquisition might be legally possible (and I'm not even sure about that route). Anyone have any experience regarding getting a Wrangler? (Yes, I know a Wrangler surely ain't no Single Six, of which I have several. I just like the idea of a Ruger .22 I don't already have multiples of ;) .)
littleguns

Postby LumberZach on Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:15 am

No, no legal way to do it. There are a few around because most people don’t know the law. Or don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumberZach

Re: Ruger Wranglers in Minnesota?

Postby BigBlue on Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:19 am

I think you can ask Russtra for help...
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:49 am

BigBlue wrote:I think you can ask Russtra for help...

He solved that one I am certain.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:30 pm

I ordered my pot metal 22, not a wrangler from Joes Sporting goods. May give them a try.
Ghost

Return to Handguns