1911 ?

Discussion of handguns

Re: 1911 ?

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat May 29, 2021 3:30 pm

Am now a member of the 1911 club thanks to a member here. Bought his SA EMP 40 S&W today. Won’t be needs a 10mm now.
Last edited by Bearcatrp on Sun May 30, 2021 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 2967 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

1911 ?

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sat May 29, 2021 3:53 pm

Congrats! Let us know how it shoots
User avatar
gun_fan111v2
 
Posts: 1110 [View]
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: 1911 ?

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat May 29, 2021 11:27 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Am know a member of the 1911 club thanks to a member here. Bought his SA EMP 40 S&W today. Won’t be needs a 10mm now.

Why not? Get a 10mm too!
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 12496 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: 1911 ?

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun May 30, 2021 4:51 am

Its possible down the road. Had one many years ago. Already acquired some brass and most of the rest to load I already have.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 2967 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: 1911 ?

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun May 30, 2021 11:33 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Its possible down the road. Had one many years ago. Already acquired some brass and most of the rest to load I already have.

Bren ten?
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 12496 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: 1911 ?

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon May 31, 2021 4:12 pm

Would consider a SA Ronin if they ever get to retail.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 2967 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: 1911 ?

Postby grimbeaver on Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:35 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Would consider a SA Ronin if they ever get to retail.

I've been waiting a year and a half for the local shop to get one in 45 or 10mm. They are getting almost nothing from Springfield these days.
grimbeaver
 
Posts: 863 [View]
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:50 am

Re: 1911 ?

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:31 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Would consider a SA Ronin if they ever get to retail.

Sure but what was the one you had previously? I did not think there were many choices until very recently.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 12496 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: 1911 ?

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:25 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Would consider a SA Ronin if they ever get to retail.

Sure but what was the one you had previously? I did not think there were many choices until very recently.

My previous 10MM was a S&W back in 89. Heavy pistol. All metal. Hard to find ammo back then. Seems like allot of manufacturers are making 1911's now. 10MM seems to be none existent. 45 and 9MM seem to be the most popular.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 2967 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: 1911 ?

Postby PhilaBOR on Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:22 am

I recently joined the 10mm 1911 club. Springfield TRP, which is discontinued. Bought it on Gunbroker. I've had it to the range and it shoots great! None of the stores have ammo, but Ammoseek finds enough for me. Picked up some ball and solid copper hollowpoints.
https://ammoseek.com
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
User avatar
PhilaBOR
 
Posts: 601 [View]
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:19 am
Location: SW Suburbs

Re: 1911 ?

Postby Rowdy Roddy on Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:28 am

Bearcatrp wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Would consider a SA Ronin if they ever get to retail.

Sure but what was the one you had previously? I did not think there were many choices until very recently.

My previous 10MM was a S&W back in 89. Heavy pistol. All metal. Hard to find ammo back then. Seems like allot of manufacturers are making 1911's now. 10MM seems to be none existent. 45 and 9MM seem to be the most popular.


1006?
Rowdy Roddy
 
Posts: 185 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 pm
Location: F/M

Re: 1911 ?

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:30 pm

Can't remember the model number. Will have to go through my files to find the bill of sale with the information.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 2967 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: 1911 ?

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:31 pm

grimbeaver wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Would consider a SA Ronin if they ever get to retail.

I've been waiting a year and a half for the local shop to get one in 45 or 10mm. They are getting almost nothing from Springfield these days.

You might get lucky.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/spring ... 0000355716
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 2967 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: 1911 ?

Postby grimbeaver on Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:56 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:
grimbeaver wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Would consider a SA Ronin if they ever get to retail.

I've been waiting a year and a half for the local shop to get one in 45 or 10mm. They are getting almost nothing from Springfield these days.

You might get lucky.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/spring ... 0000355716

Basically yet another "out of stock" page. I have no doubt they are hitting retail it's just in extremely small quantities. The 10mm and commander models have been added since the Ronin was first introduced. I would hope they are not launching new products when they are not even shipping the others they have announced yet.
grimbeaver
 
Posts: 863 [View]
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:50 am

Re: 1911 ?

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:37 pm

Sorry about that. Only looked at the 1st page. Can find SA polymer XD series but no 1911 in any caliber. Just nuts.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 2967 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Handguns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

cron