What 1911 do you recommend to buy?

Discussion of handguns

Re: What 1911 do you recommend to buy?

Postby macphisto on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:44 pm

Pat wrote:I really hate to admit it, but Pinnacle is a truly excellent shot. He took my Nighthawk Talon II (commander sized 1911) and put an entire mag through one jagged hole at about 5 meters. He turned around to me, with (both) eyes open wide, and just said, "Wow!"

Impressive! I couldn't do that no matter how good the gun.
macphisto

Postby brauchma on Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:11 pm

I think the Kimber Raptor is calling my name and pegged for purchase when I can afford one.

What a nice looking gun...
"Owning a gun doesn't make one a gunfighter any more that owning a Stradivarius violin makes one a concert violinist" - Col. Jeff Cooper

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine
brauchma

Postby jac714 on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:24 pm

I sure like mine.

I am seeing some holster wear on the gun but it has at least a thousand presentations so I guess it is due.

Great shooter.
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby Pinnacle on Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:40 am

I have one (Pro Raptor) it is a good shooter. The finish is wearing (I like that - gives the gun charachter) from holster presentations - other than that - it is a sweet shooter.

It is a heck of a nice gun - it shoots very well - the Pro length (4") is nice.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby JDR on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:02 pm

I'm down to two 1911's. I won't part with ether of them. They are both short barreled .45's. One is an Colt mark IV Series 80, alloy Officers Model. The other is a Kimber Ultra Tactical. I have fired thousand of rounds through both. Never had any kind of a FTF , FTE. Not any failures.

I LOVE both of them. :D :D
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them" George Mason
JDR

Postby Pinnacle on Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:20 am

macphisto wrote:
Pat wrote:I really hate to admit it, but Pinnacle is a truly excellent shot. He took my Nighthawk Talon II (commander sized 1911) and put an entire mag through one jagged hole at about 5 meters. He turned around to me, with (both) eyes open wide, and just said, "Wow!"

Impressive! I couldn't do that no matter how good the gun.

How do you get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE

That nighthawk is simply stated - just about the ultimate 1911 period - it is all business and it is sleek and well appointed and absolutely wonderfully fitted - tight - but not too tight just tighter than Mil-Spec

the sights are absoultely perfect - trigger is fantastic.. A fine piece of work - someday perhaps I will own one.

Again - it is hard to go wrong with a 1911 - if you are going to buy one - buy the best one that you can afford with the features that you want right from the factory - going back and adding after the fact can be spendy
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Previous

Return to Handguns