Prvi Partizan brass?

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Prvi Partizan brass?

Postby minnesotatv on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:59 am

re: Prvi Partizan brass?

anyone have any experience reloading this?
TIA
minnesotatv

Re: Prvi Partizan brass?

Postby Shipyard on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:11 am

i've never done it - the stuff seems WAY to thin and crummy to me. same with wolf (PPU) brass, i'm not in the business of tempting fate with high pressures.

FWIW
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby wrench on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:41 am

I use it for 7.5x55 Swiss, I had one case split on the first reload. The other 49 have 5 loads on them with no problems.
Another batch, same caliber, no problems on 5 reloads as well. Seems OK.
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Postby Norsesmithy on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Their 5.56 has a real pain in the ass primer crimp, but I've had good luck with them after the first PITA brass prep stage, and I load .223/5.56 right up there at the NATO maxes. Seems just fine to me.

Lake city is a little more consistent in terms of case weight.
Norsesmithy

Postby 45Badger on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Norsesmithy wrote:Their 5.56 has a real pain in the ass primer crimp, but I've had good luck with them after the first PITA brass prep stage, and I load .223/5.56 right up there at the NATO maxes. Seems just fine to me.

Lake city is a little more consistent in terms of case weight.

What he said......
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:51 am

And case weight directly translates into both case strength and also interior volume, which kinda makes you wonder about what their QC limits are, or whether they even HAVE set limits. And the factory is located in Serbia, which is NOT the garden spot of the world, and has a history of fine traditional Soviet Union quality, not to mention that Serbs themselves are nucking futz. I imagine the only reason to buy this stuff is price, and as usual, you get what you pay for.

Plus there is the moral issue of whether you want to be buying Serbian products to begin with. If you recall, there was the unpleasantness in Kosovo and the "ethnic cleansing" where thousands of Muslim minority Serbs were rounded up, slaughtered in cold blood, and buried in mass graves. Do you want to financially patronize a country where mass murder is practiced, when you can buy from so many other places??
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby 870TC on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:45 pm

No problems with the 7.5 Swiss or 7.62x54R. Also, the Winchester head stamped 7.62x54R bulk brass I have bought all came to the gun stores in Prvi marked boxes.
870TC

Postby Norsesmithy on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 pm

If "Never participated in a genocide" is a criterion for doing business with a country, Sam, you might as well go into the woods and play Jim Bridger.
Norsesmithy

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Your point is well made, but the criterion is "never participated in a level of genocide seen since WWII." (Except for the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia in the 70's, and Idi Amin's reign in Uganda somewhat later.) Guy down the road from me was a Serb, had two Belgian Sheperds that bit me, his next door neighbor, and the UPS guy totally unprovoked. Guy never apoligized, or did a damn thing about it. He had a neighbor to his North who bought a dog, and put up an invisible fence (which is merely a line of 16 gauge wire you put into the grass) that was a few feet onto his property. The Serb had a major s**t fit, and pissed and moaned all over the place. About two weeks later, the neighbor's dog got sick and spent five misearble days dying. The vet said it couldn't have been anything else BUT poisioning.

And from a former NYC cop who went on to with his own company to develop the most comprehensive database of US sex offenders, this real life nugget of wisdom:

"And for the record. Serbs are **** nuts. Knew a group of Serbs from the Bronx who would do hits for the wiseguys. Absolutely insanely violent fearless psychopaths."

http://www.2aforum.com/forum/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=335661&Searchpage=1&Main=28061&Words=Serb&Search=true#Post335661

So, Serbs are a violent culture who can perhaps even eclipse the vaunted Religion of Peace. Would you gladly buy ammo at a 50% discount from Al Qadea?
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby crbutler on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:54 pm

In some calibers they are pretty good, in others not so good.

I think if you are using a european caliber (8x57, 9.3 anything, etc.) they are probably roughly equivalent of Winchester/Remington/Federal/Hornady. ie they may have a bad run, but most of it works.

The more US specific stuff- I had good luck with their 30-06, their pistol cases and really bad luck with .223 and .308.

Sam, why don't you give us the definition of a genocide? I haven't heard one other than the old supreme court style "I know it when I see it." Be careful- lots of folks overseas consider us to be participating in one now....
crbutler

Postby RobD on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:03 am

I just reloaded some for my Nagant... Tough brass, but looks fine.
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Return to Ammunition & Reloading