ladies introduce yourselves

A place for women to discuss firearms and other issues specific to women.
Forum rules
Refrain from snide comments, inside jokes, thread drift, and personal attacks or you may lose your posting privileges.

Aggressively moderated

Re: ladies introduce yourselves

Postby KatieBarTheDoors on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Hey everybody, I'm Katie from Eagan. I'm relatively new to shooting (growing up as a suburban girl among a family that didn't hunt puts one a bit behind the curve!), but picking up knowledge at a rapid rate due to my awesome job selling guns at Arnzen Arms in Eden Prairie. One of my coworkers has convinced me to compete in a 3 gun match this spring, so I would love to meet up with other women for range time. Feel free to PM me or stop by the shop to chat in person. :)
KatieBarTheDoors

Postby justinvan on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Welcome from Waconia! Dont let the non gun upbringing slow you down any, I know a few fellow shooters that started that way and have passed me by a mile.
justinvan

Postby TTS on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:02 pm

KatieBarTheDoors wrote:Hey everybody, I'm Katie from Eagan. I'm relatively new to shooting (growing up as a suburban girl among a family that didn't hunt puts one a bit behind the curve!), but picking up knowledge at a rapid rate due to my awesome job selling guns at Arnzen Arms in Eden Prairie. One of my coworkers has convinced me to compete in a 3 gun match this spring, so I would love to meet up with other women for range time. Feel free to PM me or stop by the shop to chat in person. :)

My wife said she would love to go to the range with you sometime! She will chat with you next time we are in or you can PM me for her email.

Welcome to MNGT!
Owner
Tactical Training Solutions
Specializing in Self Defense and Firearms Training
http://www.minnesotaccw.com
TTS

ladies introduce yourselves

Postby Snowgun on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:24 pm

KatieBarTheDoors wrote:Hey everybody, I'm Katie from Eagan. I'm relatively new to shooting (growing up as a suburban girl among a family that didn't hunt puts one a bit behind the curve!), but picking up knowledge at a rapid rate due to my awesome job selling guns at Arnzen Arms in Eden Prairie. One of my coworkers has convinced me to compete in a 3 gun match this spring, so I would love to meet up with other women for range time. Feel free to PM me or stop by the shop to chat in person. :)

Make sure PRS takes you to burnsville on thursday nights for the league.
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby shooter115 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:01 am

Welcome aboard Katie. I should warn you 3-gun is more addicting than any drug out there.... but it's way too much fun to ignore and we need some more girls out there. I try to make to all of them even though most are a 2-3 hour drive for me. I believe the next match will be at SCAPSA, generally in early March. When the announcement goes out here, just mention you are new and plenty of folks will jump in to help you out with gear for your first match, me included. You'll quickly find that the MN 3-gun crowd is constructed of some really good people.

Since you are in the metro area the best suggestion I could offer would be to hit one of the indoor USPSA matches this winter to familiarize yourself with range commands and safety proceedures. After that it's just to have fun!!

Looking forward to seeing you on the range.
shooter115

Postby KTRivet on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi ladies. My name is Katie and I live in Minneapolis. I grew up around firearms and did some hunting when I was younger. I just became interested in using pistols for personal protection over the past couple of years. It's my belief that to be a responsible gun owner, you need to be as educated and prepared as possible. Since I hadn't had a lot of formal instruction, I completed my basic pistol course last weekend. I am working on gaining enough proficiency to pass the carry permit qualification. I'm planning on using a Ruger Mark II for the test. It's made for target shooting, and I am comfortable using it. I have been to the range with a variety of semi-autos, and a couple of revolvers. I haven't found one that I would be comfortable carrying with yet. Would love to connect with someone who would be willing to give me some pointers if possible. Cheers!
KTRivet

Postby staygoldpnyboy on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:48 pm

hi all. My name is Laurie. im new here, both to the forum and the gun world. i got my permit to carry late last year. i own/carry a ruger 380mm lcp and a walther pps 9mm. i am also recently married and have one child.
staygoldpnyboy

Postby wrench on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Nice to have you here, Laurie and Katie...great to have more and more women on the forum, and also at the range. 8-)
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Previous

Return to The Powder Room