Yugoslavian M53 Semi-Automatic Belt-Fed Rifle - Caliber: 8mm

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Yugoslavian M53 Semi-Automatic Belt-Fed Rifle - Caliber: 8mm

Postby mrShinola on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Yugoslavian M53 Semi-Automatic Belt-Fed Rifle - Caliber: 8mm Mauser
Barrel Length: 21 Inches Weight: 25.5 Pounds Caliber: 8mm Mauser (7.92 x 57) Action: Gas Operated Magazine Type: (2) 100 Round Belts and (4) 50 Round Belts ROF: 850 RPM Includes: 1 Extra Barrel & an Ammo Box Includes: Bi-Pod & Tri-Pod
Can anyone on the board tell me what this may be worth?
It is up for auction on Saturday morning.
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang-bang switch"
mrShinola

Re: Yugoslavian M53 Semi-Automatic Belt-Fed Rifle - Caliber: 8mm

Postby crbutler on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:40 am

I'd be a little confused myself.

Century arms made some semiauto rifles on that gun (its the Yugo clone of the MG42)- but - 850 RPM? That's something you hear about for full auto. That is better than 14 rounds a second (about .07 splits) which is pretty dang fast.

I looked on google and some folks were saying around $2500 for a new one, but that's not really a good source of data.

If its a real full auto Yugo M53 with tax stamp, its a lot more than that, and probably not MN legal anyhow- but add a 0 on to that price. The semi clone? I really doubt I would pay $1500 for one at auction. As I recall, Century is rather spotty in its QC. Be sure what it is before you bid...
crbutler

Postby Squib Joe on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:40 am

I've sold a number of these for 2500-3000 new. The tripod, extra barrel and belts would certainly put this in that price range used since they aren't being made anymore

They were actually made by Wiselite, not Century, and the builds are quite good.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby mrShinola on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 am

They have two of them. The second one is in parts with a German made MG-42 receiver. The original receiver on the second one was sawed into by the ATF years ago.
They started the online auction already The first one is going for 2200.00 and the one that is all broken down is at 350.00.

I'm thinking they may be war souvenirs.
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang-bang switch"
mrShinola

Return to Long Guns