Woman Dies - Accident At Gun Range (Shoots Self In Head)

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Woman Dies - Accident At Gun Range (Shoots Self In Head)

Postby XDM45 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:53 pm

http://www.mrcolionnoir.com/news/woman- ... gun-range/

This is what can happen when someone (male or female) isn't able to properly and safely handle a certain caliber gun / ammo.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Re: Woman Dies - Accident At Gun Range (Shoots Self In Head)

Postby gunsmith on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Heres' the first comment in the article:

The gun was a 500 S&W

Whoever let her shoot that with more than one round in the cylinder is an idiot! Never let someone shoot a 500, 460 or even a 454 for the first time with more than one in the cylinder.
gunsmith

Postby LePetomane on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:10 pm

I'll go one further, whoever let her shoot it is an idiot.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby ericinmn1970 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Sadly there's no shortage of You Tube videos of females shooting those guns. It's meant to be funny, as the female gunner almost always smacks herself in the face and/or drops the gun, which is immediately followed by onlookers and the cameraman laughing hysterically.
"The man who lies asleep will never waken fame, and his desire and all his life drift past him like a dream, and the traces of his memory fade from time like smoke in air, or ripples on a stream." -Dante Alighieri
ericinmn1970

Postby 20mm on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:33 am

LePetomane wrote:I'll go one further, whoever let her shoot it is an idiot.

I'll go one further, whoever let her shoot it is a criminal. They knowingly put a person in a situation where they were likely to get killed or injured because of their inexperience.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby LePetomane on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:26 am

ericinmn1970 wrote:Sadly there's no shortage of You Tube videos of females shooting those guns. It's meant to be funny, as the female gunner almost always smacks herself in the face and/or drops the gun, which is immediately followed by onlookers and the cameraman laughing hysterically.

I'm sure there is never alcohol involved.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby OldmanFCSA on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:14 am

LePetomane wrote:
ericinmn1970 wrote:Sadly there's no shortage of You Tube videos of females shooting those guns. It's meant to be funny, as the female gunner almost always smacks herself in the face and/or drops the gun, which is immediately followed by onlookers and the cameraman laughing hysterically.

I'm sure there is never alcohol involved.

I kinda like the hot brass down the front of a low cut T-shirt.
Ex-wife got a nice mark there and displayed all while trying to find the brass.
All guys on range enjoyed the view.

And she did smack herself in the head with her single-shot T/C Contender in 444Marlin, nice bruise.
OldmanFCSA

Postby XDM45 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:18 am

I'm really surprised that the anti-gunners haven't made a compilation video of the idiocy and used it to show how dangerous guns are, etc.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Spike on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:41 am

So sad. So preventable. :x
Spike

Postby LePetomane on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:22 am

XDM45 wrote:I'm really surprised that the anti-gunners haven't made a compilation video of the idiocy and used it to show how dangerous guns are, etc.

You bring up a good point. YouTube is littered with videos of people doing stupid things. But the anti gun folks would consider it beneath themselves to use these fools to make their point. They need someone with name recognition.
LePetomane

Postby 20mm on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:33 am

LePetomane wrote:
XDM45 wrote:I'm really surprised that the anti-gunners haven't made a compilation video of the idiocy and used it to show how dangerous guns are, etc.

You bring up a good point. YouTube is littered with videos of people doing stupid things. But the anti gun folks would consider it beneath themselves to use these fools to make their point. They need someone with name recognition.

Thank god Paul Walker wasn't on "our side".
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby XDM45 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:47 pm

LePetomane wrote:

Thank you.

....and yes, they would consider it beneath them; ...and yes, they do want someone with name recognition too. All true. they are missing the boat though; which is good for us. While having a "Linday Lohan With A Gun" is the AGer's wet dream, ..... Most gun owners are the Average Joe. Some rich folks, sure. Some fringes, etc; but most gun owners are Middle Class US American Average Citizen. by using these videos as I propose, the AGers could show the Average Citizen as being unable to properly, safely, and responsibly, own and use a firearm.

Is that true that the Average Citizen can't properly, safely and responsibly own and use firearms? Of course not..... BUT... Perception Equals Reality in the minds of many. If they believe it to be the truth, then for them, it is. Often times it's a light-weight person firing a huge caliber firearm, which they are unable to handle properly, safely, or responsibly,... often with the video ending where the gun is dropped, swept, knocks back with recoil to injure, shock, or move the shooter in an unsafe manner. We've all seen these videos and know what we're talking about.... It's GOOD that this is seen by us, and not by them at what a powerful weapon such a video constructed by the AGers, could and most likely would, be.

Along with the dangers of the AGers creating such a video,....it's sad that there really ARE some irresponsible firearm owners out there who put other people into dangerous situations for the sake of their own "humor". They put ALL lives at risk. They are fools. If you see these videos on YouTube, flag them down and vote them down. I do. It's the ONLY reason I go to the video page.

Anyway, let's hope the AGers don't wise up...or we'll really be in trouble. Many people can and will be misled. For some reason, people believe lies easier than they believe the truth as it's shown to them.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Return to In The News