BLM stand-off in Nevada...close to 'war' or 'Range War'

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

BLM stand-off in Nevada...close to 'war' or 'Range War'

Postby xd ED on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Thinking about it, the no fly zone/ excluding media/ observation, would likely have seriously backfired and polarized the masses had things gone south and this rancher been shot. Hopefully the immediate crisis is over and insights to this BeeEss can be gained.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: BLM stand-off in Nevada...close to 'war' or 'Range War'

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:30 pm

Not sure if you folks remember about 15 years or so ago, ABC (i think) ran a story about ranchers grazzing there cattle for free on government land, and found out one of there corespondance workers (Sam Donaldson) was one of the free loaders too. Anyways, am curious if there are any politically connected folks getting free grazzing while they go after this guy because he doesn't support the current idiots in the white house now. If they are charging everyone, and I mean everyone, fees for grazzing and not letting there contributing buddies free access, then why did they let this guy do this for so long before coming to head like it is now. I see the feds are backing off for now but most likely working on a more devious plan.
Bearcatrp

Postby Countryfried Frank on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Does anyone else think that this whole saga is just one African-American Sheriff away from a Mel Brooks movie?
"Sometimes we have to get really high to see how small we are." - Felix Baumgartner
Countryfried Frank

Postby Rmfcasey on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:48 am

Countryfried Frank wrote:Does anyone else think that this whole saga is just one African-American Sheriff away from a Mel Brooks movie?

Where is Slim Pickens when we need him?
Rmfcasey
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Rmfcasey

Postby LePetomane on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:04 am

Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby harryset on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:41 am

Anyone know what the right facts are here? Bundy's people say that the Feds had snipers and automatic weapons, and Harry Reid says that Bundy's supporters had automatic weapons and snipers. My guess is that the Feds had the heavy stuff, and the civilians had hunting rifles, probably a few AR types as well, but no full auto. Goes to show that a gun with a scope is a sniper rifle, and an AR is an automatic weapon, to those anti's.
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby MXGreg on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:37 am

harryset wrote:Anyone know what the right facts are here? Bundy's people say that the Feds had snipers and automatic weapons, and Harry Reid says that Bundy's supporters had automatic weapons and snipers. My guess is that the Feds had the heavy stuff, and the civilians had hunting rifles, probably a few AR types as well, but no full auto. Goes to show that a gun with a scope is a sniper rifle, and an AR is an automatic weapon, to those anti's.

MXGreg

Postby Randygmn on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:30 am

harryset wrote:Anyone know what the right facts are here? Bundy's people say that the Feds had snipers and automatic weapons, and Harry Reid says that Bundy's supporters had automatic weapons and snipers. My guess is that the Feds had the heavy stuff, and the civilians had hunting rifles, probably a few AR types as well, but no full auto. Goes to show that a gun with a scope is a sniper rifle, and an AR is an automatic weapon, to those anti's.

Well, Harry Reid being the treasonous scumbag that he is, immediately disqualifies anything he says as it is most certainly a distortion or outright lie.
Randygmn

Postby george on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:44 pm

In my opinion, Sen. Reid and his son are traitors to America as are so many others in the New American Government. Lets jest sell it all to foreign governments and be done with it.

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby xd ED on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:46 pm

There have been observations and admissions by people on both sides that it's been a common practice to surveil the opposition through a rifle scope.
I guess Rule #2 is too much math for some.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby jgalt on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:38 pm

xd ED wrote:

There have been observations and admissions by people on both sides that it's been a common practice to surveil the opposition through a rifle scope.
I guess Rule #2 is too much math for some.

Geez, all they need to do to fix that is to send 'em to a $7.50 DNR Youth Firearm Safety class taught by any of the fine volunteers here in MN. That's one of the things we hit on multiple times and the kids all seem to understand.

I guess the alternative would be to hire the 11-15 year old graduates of these FAS classes as armed federal agents. They (for the most part) seem to be both smarter and more responsible.

</end mostly - but not entirely - sarcastic comment...>
jgalt

Re:

Postby LePetomane on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:02 am

george wrote:In my opinion, Sen. Reid and his son are traitors to America as are so many others in the New American Government.

He is also a bully. If he were the CEO of a major corporation he would have been s***canned a long time ago and probably prosecuted. He is condescending, arrogant and demeaning with the protection of being a public servant.

He reeks of the "career politician" syndrome. He (along with others) is intoxicated with power.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby old guy on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:24 am

Ya'll just don't get it, they are not violateing rule#2

John
old guy

Postby Randygmn on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:42 am

I'll say this about pointing weapons;
The "militia" folks (lol) were under strict instructions to have empty chambers on all their weapons. This was to eliminate the chance for unintentional discharges.
BLM was most assuredly operating with "hot" weapons.

The militia response (showing up, etc) was only after the BLM arrived as a militaristic force of over 200 and took up strategic positions against the Bundy family.
Randygmn

Re: Re: BLM stand-off in Nevada...close to 'war' or 'Range War'

Postby dismal on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:52 am

old guy wrote:Ya'll just don't get it, they are not violateing rule#2

John

Yep.

Sent using Tapatalk.
dismal

PreviousNext

Return to In The News