E. Author Brown/ Alexandria Range

Local shooting clubs and leagues

E. Author Brown/ Alexandria Range

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:59 am

I was wondering if anyone has shot at, or is a member of the E. Author Brown/ Alexandria Range? Based on the youtube video it looks like it runs out to 200yds, and I would like to start shooting at "longer distance" so that is attractive. I am wondering if the allow holster work or steel targets. Any info is appreciated.
Jack's My dog

Re: E. Author Brown/ Alexandria Range

Postby xd ED on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:11 am

Jack's My dog wrote:I was wondering if anyone has shot at, or is a member of the E. Author Brown/ Alexandria Range? Based on the youtube video it looks like it runs out to 200yds, and I would like to start shooting at "longer distance" so that is attractive. I am wondering if the allow holster work or steel targets. Any info is appreciated.

According to the text and video on their website they shoot out to 100 yards. There is contact info as well.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:33 am

Yup, I have been on the site. I guess I miss read the distance of the range. I did try to contact them and ask for a copy of the range rules. They responded "they are on the side of the shed". As I do not know the exact location of the range, and I am not one for trespassing, I was looking for some insider info. I guess I should have mentioned that in my first post. :lol:
Jack's My dog

Postby shooter115 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:36 pm

I've been on that range several times, there's not much to it. I'm actually surprised the Alexandria area doesn't have a better range facility.

Where are you located Jack's my Dog? There are other ranges not far from this that offer much farther ranges. There's a 400 yard range here in Morris and Grant County has a 600 yard range. Most the outdoor ranges in these parts are unsupervised and you have to be a member to use them. As far as holster work goes, nobody cares. We only request you don't shoot yourself. 8-)
shooter115

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:13 pm

I was a member at Morris, but my parents moved to Alex (I am in the cities), so I am trying to avoid the hour drive to Morris. If they hadn't Moved it would be a no brainer as to were I would still be a member.
Jack's My dog

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs