Faribault Rifle and Pistol Club

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Faribault Rifle and Pistol Club

Postby Cpwest on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:40 pm

Anyone a member? I'm thinking about becoming a member and have a few questions.

1. Since they do USPSA and IDPA events. I assume rapid fire, holster work, etc. is ok?
2. What are the pistol bays like? Decent condition? Not a muddy mess all the time?
3. Is there room on the rifle range to do some non-bench shooting?
4. Can I shoot steel at normal safe distances in pistol bays and the rifle range?
5. Anyone wanna sponsor me?

I think that covers it for now. Thanks!
Cpwest

Re: Faribault Rifle and Pistol Club

Postby SkyRock on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:45 pm

Cpwest wrote:Anyone a member? I'm thinking about becoming a member and have a few questions.

1. Since they do USPSA and IDPA events. I assume rapid fire, holster work, etc. is ok?
2. What are the pistol bays like? Decent condition? Not a muddy mess all the time?
3. Is there room on the rifle range to do some non-bench shooting?
4. Can I shoot steel at normal safe distances in pistol bays and the rifle range?
5. Anyone wanna sponsor me?

I think that covers it for now. Thanks!

Was a member, but I let it lapse when they move to their present location (loooonnnnggg time ago).
1. It's OK at the matches; don't know about otherwise, but I'd practice there.
2. Never had a problem (we're talking about the new range, now). Shot many USPSA matches in them.
3. No experience.
4. Easily (pistol ranges).
5. I'm looking for one myself! :D
SkyRock

Postby westhope on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:14 pm

Current member. I help run the IPSC & IDPA matches.

1. Yes. Full auto is OK too (especially if you invite me and supply the gun and ammo). 50 BMG OK too. (No Tanerite as of this year.)

2. The some bays can be muddy at times. We are working on better drainage.

3. The rifle range is scheduled to be completely revised this year. 100 to 600 yards. The new range will have cement benches but other positions can be shot along side these benches.

4. Yes.

5. Should be no problem. PM me. You need 2 "sponsors".

If you haven't visited the range, we start shooting IPSC and IDPA in middle May. Range will be open then to visit. I'm there other days too. Visit web site for the date of the next "orientation". Will be able to get application, view the range, get sponsors and the mandatory "orientation" then.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Cpwest on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:15 pm

I was hoping that I could show up and you would have full auto stuff! Best NFA I have so far is .22 suppressor. That thing is a blast!
I will probably come down for one of the IPSC nights to have a look around and make a fool of myself since I haven't done much USPSA in the past year.

PM sent.
Cpwest

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs