OGC range duty tomorrow

Local shooting clubs and leagues

OGC range duty tomorrow

Postby hard h2o on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:39 pm

Working the range tomorrow. Anyone else going to be there?
hard h2o

Re: OGC range duty tomorrow

Postby xd ED on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Maybe, later in the day, I might be on the 100, sighting a rifle...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby hard h2o on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Hope you had a good day at the 100.

Great day to be out shooting. Got posted to the 25 yard for the day.

At our briefing we were told that bump fire stocks are not to be used. Rapid fire is OK as long as you are physically pulling the trigger each shot. I am not sure why, since they are now allowing rapid fire, a legal means to increase rate of fire is against the OGC rules.

Saw a guy take an AR pistol with a brace and use it like a rifle. I went over and asked him not to do that. He rolled his eyes and complied. I explained that at other ranges he would not get a second chance and would be sent packing. Talked to the head range officer and he said I was correct in how I handled it. Basically like most of our rules. Ask nicely and if they do not follow our rules then show them the door.

Same guy then pulled out an AR with a bump fire stock. I was expecting to have to ask him not to bump fire. It appeared he had it locked so it would not operate as a bump fire.

Had a few concealed carriers that wanted to holster when going down range instead of leaving the firearm on the bench.

Overall a great day at the range.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:32 pm

hard h2o wrote:Hope you had a good day at the 100.

Great day to be out shooting. Got posted to the 25 yard for the day.

At our briefing we were told that bump fire stocks are not to be used. Rapid fire is OK as long as you are physically pulling the trigger each shot. I am not sure why, since they are now allowing rapid fire, a legal means to increase rate of fire is against the OGC rules.

Saw a guy take an AR pistol with a brace and use it like a rifle. I went over and asked him not to do that. He rolled his eyes and complied. I explained that at other ranges he would not get a second chance and would be sent packing. Talked to the head range officer and he said I was correct in how I handled it. Basically like most of our rules. Ask nicely and if they do not follow our rules then show them the door.

Same guy then pulled out an AR with a bump fire stock. I was expecting to have to ask him not to bump fire. It appeared he had it locked so it would not operate as a bump fire.

Had a few concealed carriers that wanted to holster when going down range instead of leaving the firearm on the bench.

Overall a great day at the range.

Since when is a bump fire stock not allowed at OGC. Please post the date of the member meeting that this change in rules was voted on.
Holland&Holland

Postby photogpat on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:49 am

Please tell me we're not trying to be ATF agents when we're on range duty as a volunteer.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby photogpat on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:51 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Since when is a bump fire stock not allowed at OGC. Please post the date of the member meeting that this change in rules was voted on.

BOD meeting a few years back. You should know by now peon that you can't challenge the almighty.
photogpat

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:36 am

photogpat wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

BOD meeting a few years back. You should know by now peon that you can't challenge the almighty.

I save all the newsletters with the minutes. Fairly recently the restrictions on full auto fire by members and rapid fire by guests were reduced. This would appear to be in contrast to that vote.
Holland&Holland

Postby photogpat on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:50 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
photogpat wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

I save all the newsletters with the minutes. Fairly recently the restrictions on full auto fire by members and rapid fire by guests were reduced. This would appear to be in contrast to that vote.

I didn't say I agreed with it - just that it was "decided" by the BOD w/o membership involvement
photogpat

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:59 am

Got it. Another one if those.
Holland&Holland

Postby photogpat on Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:03 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Got it. Another one if those.

I plan on going to the next board and member meetings about our amateur ATF agent above.

You're not there to interpret the NFA for our customers...and you making some statement about shouldering a sig brace is EXACTLY that, an interpretation on your part as there has been ZERO action by the ATF on regulating intent.
photogpat

Postby hard h2o on Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:03 pm

photogpat wrote:Please tell me we're not trying to be ATF agents when we're on range duty as a volunteer.

I do not know the date. I just know in the briefing Saturday morning we were told it was a no-no.

I will see if I can find it in any of the newsletters that have meeting minutes.
hard h2o

Postby hard h2o on Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:07 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:

I agree. Seemed contradictory to the change to the rapid fire rule. Seemed strange. It was questioned during the briefing. The acting general manager asked if the trigger finger pulled the trigger for each shot in bump fire. He was answered with a yes. The acting general manager restated his question until he had to answer it himself that the trigger finger only pulls the trigger once and then is stationary while the firearm moves.

i would disagree with his assessment and I believe the BATF also characterizes bump fire as the trigger finger pulling the trigger for each shot.
hard h2o

Postby hard h2o on Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:14 pm

photogpat wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Got it. Another one if those.

I plan on going to the next board and member meetings about our amateur ATF agent above.

You're not there to interpret the NFA for our customers...and you making some statement about shouldering a sig brace is EXACTLY that, an interpretation on your part as there has been ZERO action by the ATF on regulating intent.

It was not a Sig brace. I believe it was a Shockwave Blade.

I noticed he was shouldering it. I reminded him that that is illegal. If I am wrong correct me.

Shockwave asked the ATF for clarification and received a letter:
"Based on our evaluation, the FTISB finds that the forearm brace, when attached to a pistol is a “firearm” subject to the GCA provisions; however, it is not a “firearm” as defined by the NFA provided the Blade AR Pistol Stabilizer is used as originally designed and NOT used as a shoulder stock."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/12/foghorn/atf-rules-on-shockwave-blade-ar-pistol-brace-but-adds-a-warning/
hard h2o

Postby xd ED on Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm

Not to drift too far off topic, but did anyone get their July Newsletter?
Sometime ago my name apparently fell off the email broadcast list, and after several futile attempts at finding anyone who gave a crap, I started downloading them from the website, except this month's has yet to be posted.

Got out for a while late afternoon and early evening; nice quiet conditions, but muggy at the firing line. Interesting to see the number of surpressors showing up from guests during public hours.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:12 pm

xd ED wrote:Not to drift too far off topic, but did anyone get their July Newsletter?
Sometime ago my name apparently fell off the email broadcast list, and after several futile attempts at finding anyone who gave a crap, I started downloading them from the website, except this month's has yet to be posted.

Got out for a while late afternoon and early evening; nice quiet conditions, but muggy at the firing line. Interesting to see the number of surpressors showing up from guests during public hours.

Yep, received my July News Letter. PM me your email address and I'll send you the pdf file.

Still NO 2016 Badge though :evil:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Next

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs