Remove

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Remove

Postby silverado chevy on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Remove
Last edited by silverado chevy on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverado chevy

Re: Slide fire solutions ssar-15 mod stock

Postby Randygmn on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Thx for the write up. Believe it or not, there IS a place/use for these. I have seen their utility first hand. IMO, for those concerned about a SHTF scenario, then having a dedicated rifle, with a heavy barrel and bipod, this stock can fill a purpose. Being run with a bipod, makes for controllable, reliable and ACCURATE full auto fire simulation. Paired with either magpul's new ultra reliable D60 mags or some of surefire's offerings, makes this a very formidable platform I don't ever want to have to come up against. Now, for folks that want this for less serious purposes, and can't afford the $25k entry level prices for select fire rifles, this is just pure fun.
Randygmn

Slide fire solutions ssar-15 mod stock

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:20 pm

silverado chevy wrote:...It didn't like the Steel cases or the HP rounds but ran smooth off quality brass.

Thanks for the write up, ability to use as a standard stock definitely makes it more attractive.

What do you mean by your last comment? Are you saying that this rifle without the new stock ran good with steel and HP but now it does not?
gun_fan111v2

Postby silverado chevy on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:23 pm

I tried running a few mags of each with a few jams with the Steel cases which were also HP rounds I have shot the same round in the rifle previously and it did not jam. I had the same issue with the Mag of soft pointed they were jamming up when they hit the feedramps. It would smash the HP in and deform the softpoint probably on impact from the rate of fire. Gonna look in my garage to see if I still have some of the smushed ones because I didn't run a few of them because they were so bad, but I may have chucked em out already.
silverado chevy

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri May 19, 2017 7:33 pm

What, no video of the mag dump? I have a slide fire on my 15-22. Haven't quite got it to do a full mag dump. Otherwise, not to bad. Sucks I don't have the adjustable stock like I used to have.
Bearcatrp

Return to Reviews