OGC waiting list

Local shooting clubs and leagues

OGC waiting list

Postby FJ540 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:44 pm

I sent my application off, but never got any kind of acknowledgement of it being registered. Is this normal?
FJ540

Re: OGC waiting list

Postby xd ED on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:00 pm

FJ540 wrote:I sent my application off, but never got any kind of acknowledgement of it being registered. Is this normal?

When I put my name on the list, I got an email acknowledgement.

I've never had much luck in the past with the 'contact' form on the web page.
I can only guess that GM Teresa might be able to find your name on the wait list.
Try calling her.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby FJ540 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:35 pm

I did the full blown application online and it appeared to have been received, but I never got anything outside the website confirming such.

Maybe a call is in order.
FJ540

Postby Rodentman on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:44 am

FJ540 wrote:I did the full blown application online and it appeared to have been received, but I never got anything outside the website confirming such.

Maybe a call is in order.

Hopefully we can shoot together there sometime!
Rodentman

Postby aprilian on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:02 am

I applied in the fall and later sent in an email through the web site which was answered by Duane. He confirmed that I was on the waiting list despite not having a confirmation email.

You are on the waiting list. We take in members starting in February. The
number invited depends on the number of members that leave as there is a membership
cap. Look for an invite in February if you are chosen.
Secretary, OGC
aprilian

Postby photogpat on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:36 am

Don't expect OGC to get any more organized or with it in the near term.

A group of us tried a putsch a few years ago now to upend the old boys on the BoD -- we lost out when one individual who'd indicated retirement, opted not to retire. At that point I gave up trying to be involved with the direction of the club -and most of the members who tried with me have since let their memberships lapse.

I pay my $100 and do my 18 hours every year because it's the closest range to me...and generally speaking, I enjoy shooting there except during deer season sight-in...but it's hopelessly stuck in the 60's/70's mentality for the most part.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby FJ540 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:44 am

It's cheaper than what I'm paying Bill's for local range time. If I had more access I'd shoot more, so I'm seeing if I can get in.

I have no intentions of getting involved beyond the mandatory hours. The GOB's can keep doing their thing without fear of an uprising out of me. :lol:
FJ540

Postby aprilian on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Yay! I got my invitation.
aprilian

Postby hard h2o on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:13 pm

I have had great luck with the contact form on the website. The vice president Tom Mader or Teresa Reiter the general manager have been great with replying.
hard h2o

Postby FJ540 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:52 pm

I got an OGC invite too, but decided I'm not joining anywhere this year.

I was at a Beaverbrook orientation earlier this month and left before the walk around because the main reason I wanted to join was to use the automatic pigeon throwers, but they're only available during what's also public hours and they have leagues, HS leagues, and open public shooting at the same time - no thanks! But you can bring your own thrower and use the field whenever you want... So I can buy a thrower just to pay for membership at a club so I can use my own thrower? There's State land I can do that at for free, and forest roads are maintained better than the street leading in to Beaverbrook.

The nail in the Beaverbrook coffin was the President's message that they were opening the place to more public hours to support their remodeling and expansion projects. If I'm going to a public range, I want to be a customer not a club member aka: paying employee. Customers have an expectation of being served, and getting service for their purchase. I stopped going to Bwana because their league people ran me off my paid target practice session. I'm not going to dump 10 range trips funding into a club to get the same treatment God forbid my schedule falls on a public hours evening (which is 4 nights a week plus weekends per the message we got).

So to conclude this thread: I did get my OGC application in despite not receiving any sort of confirmation and not having any record of it being in the system per the very kind member who checked on it for me.
FJ540

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs