Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Re: Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby David on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Something about the AMD-65 has always turned my head. Leave it to the Hungarians to do the AK a little differently than anyone else.

Imagescreenshot on pccertificity.com
David

Postby Uffdaphil on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:59 pm

No new AR pics in over a year? Sheesh. Here is the SBR I just finished a few hours ago.
12.5” Hodge Defense Mod 1 barrel
11.7” SLR Solo Lite rail
Griffin Recce 5 can
TA110 Acog

Funny how the slightly glossy Mega lower looks green. I’m no photo ninja.

NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby Ghost on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:51 am

Uffdaphil wrote:No new AR pics in over a year? Sheesh. Here is the SBR I just finished a few hours ago.
12.5” Hodge Defense Mod 1 barrel
11.7” SLR Solo Lite rail
Griffin Recce 5 can
TA110 Acog

Funny how the slightly glossy Mega lower looks green. I’m no photo ninja.

Fun looking rifle you got there
Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Waiting on my can to come in any day now to post a pic. Guess I could post my 12 inch Grendel that shares the lower with my 10 inch 300 BO that’s waiting on the can.
Bearcatrp

Postby Uffdaphil on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:15 pm

300 BLK, 8.3” BA SS Hanson barrel, 7.5” SLR Solo Lite rail and Omega 9K can. Was an SBR, but I like the SBA3 lower better.

NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Evil Black Rifle photo thread

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:14 am

Picked up a cheap build rifle last night. Anderson mfg lower. AR stoner upper.

Will still make liberals cry. Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby purd0027 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:27 pm

Any experienced AR builders starting a new build anytime soon? If so would you be willing to help someone with their first build? Located in St. Paul. Please feel free to PM me. Thanks!
purd0027

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:37 pm

purd0027 wrote:Any experienced AR builders starting a new build anytime soon? If so would you be willing to help someone with their first build? Located in St. Paul. Please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Anything you are questioning in particular?
Ghost

Postby purd0027 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Nothing in particular. Things of mechanical nature never seem 100% intuitive to me and so I am always rather cautious, fearful of hurting the parts, tools, or myself :) I've decided I learn the best when learning hands on, in person.

I'm also just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information out there: YouTube videos, forums, manufacturers sites . . . So there is also some analysis paralysis that sets in for me too ...

Still waiting on a few more parts to come (and tools). I suppose I could try to get started and see where I get stuck:)
purd0027

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:31 pm

purd0027 wrote:Nothing in particular. Things of mechanical nature never seem 100% intuitive to me and so I am always rather cautious, fearful of hurting the parts, tools, or myself :) I've decided I learn the best when learning hands on, in person.

I'm also just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information out there: YouTube videos, forums, manufacturers sites . . . So there is also some analysis paralysis that sets in for me too ...

Still waiting on a few more parts to come (and tools). I suppose I could try to get started and see where I get stuck:)

The midway USA videos are an awesome way to start. Take your time. Watch the specific part you are working on right before you attempt it and think through it. It really is not hard.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
purd0027 wrote:Nothing in particular. Things of mechanical nature never seem 100% intuitive to me and so I am always rather cautious, fearful of hurting the parts, tools, or myself :) I've decided I learn the best when learning hands on, in person.

The midway USA videos are an awesome way to start. Take your time. Watch the specific part you are working on right before you attempt it and think through it. It really is not hard.

Yep, Midway and Brownells are great resources. Also there’s a step by step guide on AR15.com. I’ll see if I can locate it.

Should create a build thread and we can help you along if needed.

Looks like the links there don’t work but there’s plenty of info there.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Assemble_your_own_LOWER__UPPER__FREE_FLOAT__TRIGGER__GAS_BLOCK___Step_by_step_instructions_/4-226782/?
Ghost

Postby FJ540 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:38 pm

Not exactly a black rifle but the FFL dude said the ATF lady said I needed a purchase permit for "military type" guns... Functionally no different than a Remmy 700, but whatever. :roll:

https://imgur.com/a/EEYPNrY
FJ540

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:10 pm

FJ540 wrote:Not exactly a black rifle but the FFL dude said the ATF lady said I needed a purchase permit for "military type" guns... Functionally no different than a Remmy 700, but whatever. :roll:

Nice!

Never heard of a bolt gun requiring a permit.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:40 am

FJ540 wrote:Not exactly a black rifle but the FFL dude said the ATF lady said I needed a purchase permit for "military type" guns... Functionally no different than a Remmy 700, but whatever. :roll:

ATF Lady was Wrong. There is no requirement for any type of permit to purchase a bolt action rifle, regardless of caliber. If there had been, I'm certain they would have flagged me, when I purchased my 50 BMG Bolt Action Rifle.

On top of that, our Carry Permit, would have that "purchase permit" trumped (yeah I know...lol).

That's still a Purty Rifle. I hope you realize that when we go to shoot, I'll have to give her a spin or two :gun:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby crbutler on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:11 am

Umm there is no FEDERAL requirement for any specific arm.

Minnesota has placed certain guns in a category that requires a permit to purchase. It’s statutorially defined, but some folks have their own ideas. I suspect an AR framed bolt gun could be considered such by a busybody.
crbutler

PreviousNext

Return to Long Guns