Call to action: Erik Paulsen joins GUN CONTROL BILL

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Call to action: Erik Paulsen joins GUN CONTROL BILL

Postby Randygmn on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:22 am

Congressperson Paulsen co-signed a Republican House bill looking to ban ANYTHING that increases rate of fire in a firearm. WTF?!?!? Nebulous enough???? Anyway- I was pissed and sent him the following email. I would suggest bombarding him with emails and phone calls.
Congressman Paulsen,
I was both shocked and infuriated to see your name attached to Carlos Carbelo’s gun control ban. I’ll give you the benifit of the doubt and assume you know so little about guns and the anti-American gun control agenda, that I’ll take the time to educate you about the existential threat to the Second Amendment this bill really is.
Just a few points-
The bill calls for the banning (and felony prosecution) for the possession of anything that increases the “rate of fire” in a sled loading firearm (semi auto).
Would you care to cite the universally accepted “rate of fire”, as it now stands? If you can’t, there are folks who will perceive your participation in this legislation as a TREASONOUS attempt at usurping the Second Amendment.
Do you realize that there’s an entire industry that exists for after market triggers? And that since your legislation (and it is now YOUR anti-gun legislation) doesn’t specifically define products and accessories, this bill becomes an open ended poisonous law that will be forever expanded and exploited by gun grabbing Liberal Terrorists™, posing as reasonable democrats, and unelected traitors at the ATF, until all semi autos are banned.
We are all saddened and outraged by what an individual lunatic in Las Vegas did. But I’m not peacefully going to surrender my God given, unalienable, Constitutional Rights, because of some knee jerk reaction to the murderous actions of a vile man.
As my representative, I pledge and promise to you, that if you don’t immediately rescind your affiliation with this bill, that not only will I never support you in the future, I will make it my life’s work to destroy your political career, in return for your betrayal.
Please take 10 minutes and educate yourself on why this bill is as bad as I suggest and not partisan hyperbole. This video explains it much better than I can.
https://youtu.be/sCLoIorYguU

Thank You and respectfully,
Randygmn

Re: Call to action: Erik Paulsen joins GUN CONTROL BILL

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Can you post the language of the proposed legislation? Strong words and a bit hyperbolic but essentially you are right. I also noticed that you have trademarked the term Liberal Terrorist, should I use a different term or can I pay you to use your trademark term?

Are you a member of any pro 2A groups that you could rally to help with the efforts?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Randygmn on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:38 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Can you post the language of the proposed legislation? Strong words and a bit hyperbolic but essentially you are right. I also noticed that you have trademarked the term Liberal Terrorist, should I use a different term or can I pay you to use your trademark term?

Are you a member of any pro 2A groups that you could rally to help with the efforts?

I’m a Life Member of the NRA.

Here’s the Bill; (every internet blog is talking about it fwiw)
https://curbelo.house.gov/uploadedfiles ... ockban.pdf

Edit to add- feel free to use the term. Any payment you feel compelled to pay can be directed towards GOCRA or the NRA.
Randygmn

Postby Scratch on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:34 pm

They want to ban ANYTHING that increases rate of fire in a firearm...
Time to ban the fingers of people like Jerry Miculek then huh...
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby xd ED on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Scratch wrote:They want to ban ANYTHING that increases rate of fire in a firearm...
Time to ban the fingers of people like Jerry Miculek then huh...

They want to ban ANYTHING that increases rate of fire in a firearm...

and then there's this: "....and for other purposes."
which means pretty much anything anyone wants it to mean....including match triggers...
One the plus side, such a vague statements makes arguing against this more reasonable
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Randygmn on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:02 pm

It can/will include recoil controlling muzzle devices, bolt carriers, buffer tubes and even, OMG.....SPRINGS. This law can ban springs, too. These people are crazy. And our congressman Paulsen signed his name to this.
Randygmn

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:23 pm

Sounds like a hidden agenda coming out! Lets hope it dies in before it gets to far.
Bearcatrp

Postby Randygmn on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Sounds like a hidden agenda coming out! Lets hope it dies in before it gets to far.

Or you know- we could be proactive and contact Paulsen NOW!!!! And why hasn’t the GOCRA folks been alerting us? Why am I the obscure guy to have to call for action?
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:48 pm

Randygmn wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Sounds like a hidden agenda coming out! Lets hope it dies in before it gets to far.

Or you know- we could be proactive and contact Paulsen NOW!!!! And why hasn’t the GOCRA folks been alerting us? Why am I the obscure guy to have to call for action?

U da man
Ghost

Postby mrp on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:41 pm

Randygmn wrote:

I haven't seen any GOCRA updates in a year or so. Maybe everything has moved on to instachat, myface, and twiterest.

There is a statement on the Gun Owners Caucus:

http://www.gunowners.mn/statement_on_th ... gun_rights

Sad to see MNgunreport.com is expired. I actually listened to the ones that they put out.
mrp

Postby Zarthan on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:49 am

As Minnesotans we already have this law on bump stocks.
MN Statute 609.67
" (d) "Trigger activator" means a removable manual or power driven trigger activating device constructed and designed so that, when attached to a firearm, the rate at which the trigger may be pulled increases and the rate of fire of the firearm increases to that of a machine gun. "

This sounds like it was directed at the crank trigger activator but looks like it could include the bump stock, what do you think?

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.67
Zarthan

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:49 am

Those idiots in washington can't agree on anything so I am not holding my breath on this bill until it actually looks like it could pass. Way to many committees to go through, changes in each committee, arguing about specifics. Plus, the NRA will of course challenge it. Look how long it took to get the SAFE act to where it is. But at least this bill shows who lied about being pro 2nd amendment.
Bearcatrp

Postby Randygmn on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:03 am

This bill would ban the possession of all aftermarket triggers, modified bolt carriers, buffer tubes and springs, individual trigger parts (trigger bars/springs) and even muzzle devices that reduce recoil that can allow a shooter to fire more rapidly. Each instance of possession is a felony carrying a 5 year prison sentence. Any competitive shooters here?? Lol.
Randygmn

Postby bstrawse on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:38 am

Randygmn wrote:

The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus put out a call to action this morning.

GOCRA doesn't do as much anymore.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:42 am

mrp wrote:
Randygmn wrote:

I haven't seen any GOCRA updates in a year or so. Maybe everything has moved on to instachat, myface, and twiterest.

There is a statement on the Gun Owners Caucus:

http://www.gunowners.mn/statement_on_th ... gun_rights

Sad to see MNgunreport.com is expired. I actually listened to the ones that they put out.

My apologies on the expiration - I missed that in the inbox. Fixed and website should be back up soon.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Return to General Gun Chat