new shooters

Say "howdy" and let everyone know who you are
Forum rules
MNGUNTALK is a real-life community, and as such, we'd love to hear who you are and learn what knowledge you have to offer. Post whatever details about yourself you feel comfortable with, and make sure to check out any events that are happening if you want to meet people in person.

new shooters

Postby pr0tect0r on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi!

My wife and I are both new gun owners as of last week. She went with a S&W M&P 9C with green laser sight, and I chose a HK VP9SK. I'm planning on carrying and have my permit. We're excited to hit the range and put them through their paces. I'm still looking for a good IWB holster so if anyone has recommendations I'm all ears! I'm looking at a Kydex IWB holster made by an outfit called Deep Concealment. Here's a link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Deep-Concealme ... AX7dlHfG9w

Anyway- great to be here and can't wait to browse the forums for good tips!

-pr0tect0r
pr0tect0r

Re: new shooters

Postby catalyst686 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:54 pm

delete
Last edited by catalyst686 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catalyst686

Postby Scratch on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Welcome to the site, and on being gun owners. I don't have any input on all kydex holsters but if you're interested in hybrid holsters I have a few suggestions.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:39 pm

Welcome from Osceola Wisconsin.

When you want to learn about reloading your own ammunition, please contact me here on Forum.
OldmanFCSA

new shooters

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:36 am

Clinger makes a decent one.

I hear good things about Vedder.

Garrett makes a good one that is leather lined.

I like the clip style you show but as a new shooter you might be better off with the setup like Vedder where you can adjust the angle a few times to find what you like.
gun_fan111v2

Postby pr0tect0r on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:33 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:Clinger makes a decent one.

I hear good things about Vedder.

Garrett makes a good one that is leather lined.

I like the clip style you show but as a new shooter you might be better off with the setup like Vedder where you can adjust the angle a few times to find what you like.

gun_fan- thanks for the input. I think the Deep Conceal has an option to tweak the angle using an adjustment nut so that should be good. I don't want to obsess over one solution when there are so many out there, great input- I'll check into them all. I do want to avoid having the drawer of holsters as much as possible but I'm guessing that's probably a pipe dream :).
pr0tect0r

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:38 pm

Side guard holsters has some nice offerings, he is local and he his a member of this board. I haven't seen Srigs post in some time, but I own a rough out pocket model that is well made.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Stugotz on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:37 pm

I own 2 Vedder LightTucks and am extremely pleased with them!

http://www.gunsandammo.com/gear-accessories/holsters/30-day-carry-new-rig-is-less-bulky-and-highly-versatile/

Adjustable, I did some research and it stacked up very favorably against all other Kydex IWB holsters.
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Stugotz

Postby pr0tect0r on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:48 am

Stugotz wrote:I own 2 Vedder LightTucks and am extremely pleased with them!

http://www.gunsandammo.com/gear-accessories/holsters/30-day-carry-new-rig-is-less-bulky-and-highly-versatile/

Adjustable, I did some research and it stacked up very favorably against all other Kydex IWB holsters.

Nice! I looked and they have a model for my vp9sk. Damn... so many choices!
pr0tect0r

Postby striped1 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:46 am

I would check out the crossbreed holsters as well. They are excellent. I have a drawer full of ones that suck to carry, but I carry everyday with a crossbreed across multiple platforms.
striped1

Return to Introductions