Just a sample video from Beaverbrook gun club.

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Just a sample video from Beaverbrook gun club.

Postby benny on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:31 pm

This video was shot by Sarah Cade , we will have more in the future but this one shows the new 100 and 200 yard ranges along with our competition bays, our trap and skeet fields and some of our land we have out there.
A big thanks from the club to Sarah for her work on this.

https://www.facebook.com/sarah.cade.3/v ... 493781551/
benny

Re: Just a sample video from Beaverbrook gun club.

Postby gman1868 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:35 pm

Fantastic!
Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby grimbeaver on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Can we use the 200yd yet? I heard we were not supposed to use it till the green came in good.
grimbeaver

Postby benny on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:42 pm

The hydro seeding didn't take the first time so the ranges will not be open till the ground freezes now. I couldn't even get the olay to use them for the public sight in this October.
The sand is easy to tear up if it has to much traffic on it, even some of the competition bays on the south side are now showing a wear pattern just from foot traffic there.

Benny
benny

Postby grimbeaver on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:43 pm

I could see that the south bays are taking a beating. Competition puts quite a bit of foot traffic in a concentrated area. I know there was talk of potentially building more bays some day, if so then you could cycle which ones are open but that's not a very economical approach. I missed the work day last weekend. Bummed as I wanted to get my hours in but I'm just having trouble finding time. I got 4 or 5 hrs in during the spring work day but no idea if/when I will get the rest in before the end of the year.
grimbeaver

Postby benny on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:09 pm

The 200 yard range is open at Beaverbrook gun club, unfortunately they have not said if the club will open up to the public this winter yet. But members can bring a guest and use the new rifle bays.

Benny
benny

Postby Bessy on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Benny,

You aren't going to be able to successfully grow grass in the competition bays. Trust me I know. Spend the money and put down gravel... otherwise you are going to have a mudfest.
Also your video link doesn't work for me. I would love to see your improvements.

Greetings from PIWPSC in the south. I hope you give MAPSA a good home.
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby benny on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:06 am

We are working on the grass issue with a landscaper, it will grow but needs fertilizer and water along with some loam in there to hold it down. As for the link I can't do much about that because I grabbed it from Sarah's facebook page. I will ask her if she has a better link, or try the gun clubs facebook page.

Thanks, Benny

Bessy wrote:Benny,

You aren't going to be able to successfully grow grass in the competition bays. Trust me I know. Spend the money and put down gravel... otherwise you are going to have a mudfest.
Also your video link doesn't work for me. I would love to see your improvements.

Greetings from PIWPSC in the south. I hope you give MAPSA a good home.
benny

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs