Please contact the President and tell him NO on gun control

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby Randygmn on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:39 am

The president appears to be considering various types of gun control, including an ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN!! Tell him NO!! I told him he wouldn’t have to worry about a 2020 re-election, because he’d lose the House in 2018, at which time he’d be impeached. It would mark the most severe presidential betrayal in the history of our nation. Gun owners and the NRA specifically, is who got him into the White House.

be·tray·al
bəˈtrāəl,bēˈtrāəl/
noun
the action of betraying one's country, a group, or a person; treachery.
"the betrayal by the French of their own refugees"
synonyms: disloyalty, treachery, bad faith, faithlessness, falseness, duplicity, deception, double-dealing

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
Randygmn

Re: Please contact the President and tell him NO on gun control

Postby Randygmn on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:11 am

43 views, and no confirmation that anyone took 2 minutes to have their voice heard????
Randygmn

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:33 am

I'll be 44. Not saying it's a bad idea and should be done.

The thing that becomes excruciatingly clear around these types of "crisis'" are the vast numbers of people who sit on the sidelines.

Today there are hearings at the State House on specific gun control legislation. Those who can make themselves available and are motivated should be there.

Your idea may get better traction when the 30 or so people who always are active are done at the Capitol later today.

Most won't do anything.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Randygmn on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:43 am

yukonjasper wrote:I'll be 44. Not saying it's a bad idea and should be done.

The thing that becomes excruciatingly clear around these types of "crisis'" are the vast numbers of people who sit on the sidelines.

Today there are hearings at the State House on specific gun control legislation. Those who can make themselves available and are motivated should be there.

Your idea may get better traction when the 30 or so people who always are active are done at the Capitol later today.

Most won't do anything.

AGREED. I’m a 1000 miles away, or I’d be there today. But I wrote my 2 reps, that Peggy Lady and Latz. Will have no effect on those Liberal Terrorists™️, but I had to have my voice heard.
Randygmn

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:09 am

To help make it easier for people to contact the Whitehouse, here is a link.

Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Randygmn on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:15 am

yukonjasper wrote:To help make it easier for people to contact the Whitehouse, here is a link.

Redundancy never hurts. The link is in the OP.
Randygmn

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:30 am

Here is my submission.

Dear Mr. President,
Let me first say that I have been a supporter of yours throughout your bid for the Presidency and always believed you would win. I admire you greatly for your candor and your lack of false political posturing. I enjoy the straight talk and honesty you represent and live every day. Some days I don't believe the world is ready to hear it, but, hey, the truth hurts.

On to my concern. I am a staunch defender of the 2nd Amendment and I am alarmed at the vitriol and the exploitation in the wake of the unfortunate events in Florida. The knee jerk reaction from the typical sources is expected and familiar. What is most unexpected is the reaction of individuals within the Government, you included, who seem to be abandoning the principles adopted to grant no quarter to those who wish to further curtail the Rights stated in the 2nd Amendment. I was hoping that your support for an "assault weapons" ban, high capacity magazines ban, increasing the age to purchase guns and universal background checks was positioning to show its hypocrisy. I am alarmed that you seem to have adopted the stance that these measures are "reasonable". I hope you will be reminded that the Anti 2 Amendment crowd cannot be trusted to stop at whatever measure you propose, however earnestly they present themselves. The slow incremental erosion of all rights and especially the 2nd Amendment is a primary goal of those in opposition. If you give them an inch they will take a mile. They will see the overtures to "Do Something", however noble and seemingly "common sense" as a show of weakness and they will press for more.

I urge you to reverse direction and stiffen your resolve to not participate in the slippery slope discussions that will surely follow your gestures of being willing to discuss "common sense - Do Something" legislation or Exec. Orders.

Thank you for your time. Otherwise, I think you are doing a terrific job. Thank you and keep up the good work.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:17 am

As long as the republican control the house and senate, its possible trump is setting the democrats up for a no vote. Anyone know what feinstein bill looks like?
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Randygmn wrote:43 views, and no confirmation that anyone took 2 minutes to have their voice heard????

I contacted him last week.
Ghost

Postby sansooshooter on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:57 pm

Done!!! Also emailed my U.S. rep earlier today.
sansooshooter

Postby Prepared4Survival on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:10 pm

Done!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Prepared4Survival

Postby Lumpy on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:36 pm

From the thread "Trump on 2A":
by Lumpy on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Having voted for perhaps the least qualified person ever to hold the office of President rather than vote for a gun grabber, my nightmare would be if Trump became a turncoat on the gun issue.

From the thread "Would a Hillary presidency be tolerable" (btw: in hindsight, no)
by Lumpy on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:41 pm

I have no doubt that she'd ban all private ownership of guns if she could; but much as they would like to, American presidents don't get to enact laws by fiat- it's Congress that passes bills. If anything, eight years of Obama have increased gun ownership. The thing is, as I see it Trump is either a blowhard or completely insane, and I think he has zero loyalty to anyone but himself. He'd probably happily switch to a gun-control stance if the political winds suited it. In a Trump/Hillary showdown I might just vote Independent or Libertarian- Minnesota is pretty much a Blue state anyway as far as presidential elections go. Is a dependable enemy conceivably better than an untrustworthy "ally"?
Lumpy

Postby fingers on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:54 pm

We are getting what we deserve for electing a clown. We deserve the consequences of whatever we've unleashed on ourselves. People like Trump who show such remarkable disdain for people certainly don't want people to be armed. If Trump makes us suffer a little bit, it will be good for us. Perhaps we'll be dissuaded from continuing the trend and electing someone from the Jackass crew the next time we have an election.
I signed up here awhile ago but when everyone started getting excited that Trump was going to visit MN, I realized I wasn't really among people like myself and haven't visited here much since. Today I saw a video where he asks lawmakers to enact gun control legislation and accuses them of being afraid of the NRA, laughing at them. I remembered this website and came back to see if some of you were starting to realize the obvious fact that this guy is a clown. I'm impressed - instead of realizing the obvious, we're here doubling-down on Carrottop's grandpa.
fingers

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:58 pm

fingers wrote:We are getting what we deserve for electing a clown. We deserve the consequences of whatever we've unleashed on ourselves. People like Trump who show such remarkable disdain for people certainly don't want people to be armed. If Trump makes us suffer a little bit, it will be good for us. Perhaps we'll be dissuaded from continuing the trend and electing someone from the Jackass crew the next time we have an election.
I signed up here awhile ago but when everyone started getting excited that Trump was going to visit MN, I realized I wasn't really among people like myself and haven't visited here much since. Today I saw a video where he asks lawmakers to enact gun control legislation and accuses them of being afraid of the NRA, laughing at them. I remembered this website and came back to see if some of you were starting to realize the obvious fact that this guy is a clown. I'm impressed - instead of realizing the obvious, we're here doubling-down on Carrottop's grandpa.

So, would voting the alternative made for more security of our rights?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby INOR on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Hey, I’m the resident trump basher here! But always room for one more. You should stick around. There’s room for differing views on issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Next

Return to General Gun Chat