Vadnais Heights weapons seized

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Vadnais Heights weapons seized

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:18 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
INOR wrote:I believe they brought in ATF and they made the determination that it was a machine gun. Wasn't the sheriff's dept that made that call.

Where was that reported?

Can't say where I read it, but the BATFE was mentioned, and I think there was at least an inference they made the call.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:21 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
It was interesting on this evening's news when they reported it as "the officers decided it met the definition of a machine gun". There may be more to play out here.

I was wondering about that when I read it.
I'm guessing someone knowledgeable has to disassemble the lower and study the trigger and sear to make that determination unless it's test fired.
Since they made a big deal about finding trigger kits, I wonder if they're going after constructive intent.
And related: Is it illegal to simply own a full auto trigger, in and of itself?

As much as this guy needs his arse kicked if he left loaded guns around the kid, I still would not trust any of them based on what I saw of the fearless :roll: leader.

Since they did not charge him for the trigger kits my guess is they are still deciding if they can make a case on those. As well as the "explosive devices" that have yet to be explained.

Yeah, I'd like to see that remark walked back, but it likely won't happen. Still curious about MRS Pigg's involvement, as well.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:40 pm

I am guessing the Mrs. Pigg is nothing more than a concerned parent of a kid who the 13 year old shared info with. Things like "We have machine guns".

Not saying Mrs. Pigg is a level headed adult, seems she may have been correct in her assertions. At least correct enough in her assertions.
Holland&Holland

Vadnais Heights weapons seized

Postby INOR on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:54 pm

The mention of the ATF being brought in was in the statement of charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Sounds like the attorney is going for a 4th Amend fight.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Isn’t a warrant supposed to be served to an adult before proceeding with the search?
Bearcatrp

Postby INOR on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:20 pm

You guys need to read the charging statement. The sheriff dept arrived at the home and the kid was there alone. They then called the mother and she advised that both she and the father were coming home. Sounds like they waited for the parents to arrive home.
INOR

Previous

Return to In The News