Looking for a good AR trigger

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Looking for a good AR trigger

Postby Scratch on Sun May 06, 2018 8:26 am

I'm finishing up a new AR and want a new trigger for it. Being an FFL, I get questions all the time about which "thing" should I put on my gun, so I when I do need multiples of something (optics, slings, triggers, stocks, pistol grips,etc...) for my personal use, I like to get different ones so I can try them out and give my honest opinion on them. Plus I can let my customers see and try them out for themselves.
So since I need another trigger, I'd like to get one of the more popular triggers out there that everyone suggests, that's where I need your help.

Tell me your favorite trigger for a defense type AR, not a precision shooter. More of a SHTF, battle, training, 100 yards and under rifle.

If your exact trigger has been mentioned, please post it again. I'm looking for the most popular triggers. I already have some of them, but I won't say which ones to sway any suggestions.

Thanks!
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Re: Looking for a good AR trigger

Postby Ghost on Sun May 06, 2018 10:37 am

Nearly all my rifles run LaRue MBT’s. Great price and a great shooter. You should have one to try.
Ghost

Postby Uffdaphil on Sun May 06, 2018 11:06 am

I have tried at least 8 triggers and like the Geissele SD-C and SSA best -same internals. The new SSP looks good, but I am spoiled by 2 stage. I like my SSA-E for a precision gun, but too light for general purpose for me. I’d expect the Larue is about the same quality, but have not installed mine yet so can’t compare.

https://geissele.com/lower-parts/triggers.html?p=1
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun May 06, 2018 4:34 pm

I like the Geissele SSA.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Hmac on Sun May 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Gisselle SSA. If you want to save a few bucks, get an ALG ACT.
Hmac

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun May 06, 2018 9:50 pm

Scratch wrote:I'm finishing up a new AR and want a new trigger for it. Being an FFL, I get questions all the time about which "thing" should I put on my gun, so I when I do need multiples of something (optics, slings, triggers, stocks, pistol grips,etc...) for my personal use, I like to get different ones so I can try them out and give my honest opinion on them. Plus I can let my customers see and try them out for themselves.
So since I need another trigger, I'd like to get one of the more popular triggers out there that everyone suggests, that's where I need your help.

Tell me your favorite trigger for a defense type AR, not a precision shooter. More of a SHTF, battle, training, 100 yards and under rifle.

If your exact trigger has been mentioned, please post it again. I'm looking for the most popular triggers. I already have some of them, but I won't say which ones to sway any suggestions.

Thanks!

For shtf? What is wrong with a standard milspec. In a shtf you fine motor skills are gone anyway
Holland&Holland

Postby Scratch on Mon May 07, 2018 7:24 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Scratch wrote:I'm finishing up a new AR and want a new trigger for it. Being an FFL, I get questions all the time about which "thing" should I put on my gun, so I when I do need multiples of something (optics, slings, triggers, stocks, pistol grips,etc...) for my personal use, I like to get different ones so I can try them out and give my honest opinion on them. Plus I can let my customers see and try them out for themselves.

Thanks!

For shtf? What is wrong with a standard milspec. In a shtf you fine motor skills are gone anyway

I will be using this gun for range drills, training and maybe even competition, so that's why I want a nice trigger for it. But again... as long as I'm buying one, I might as well try out one of the hot new sellers that everyone wants so I can give my opinion if someone asks.
Scratch

Postby yukonjasper on Mon May 07, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm certainly no expert, but the LaRue MBT mentioned earlier is a nice trigger.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Mon May 07, 2018 5:06 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I'm certainly no expert, but the LaRue MBT mentioned earlier is a nice trigger.

And on sale for $99 if you don't need it right away. https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon May 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Ghost wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:I'm certainly no expert, but the LaRue MBT mentioned earlier is a nice trigger.

And on sale for $99 if you don't need it right away. https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

I am surprised so many suggestions for 2 stage triggers for this use. I get for precision work but this?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I am surprised so many suggestions for 2 stage triggers for this use. I get for precision work but this?

Many use the heavy spring when running them on a defensive rifle, I don’t.
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Sun May 13, 2018 9:23 am

Scratch, have you decided what you are going to do?
Ghost

Postby Scratch on Sun May 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Not yet. I've posted this on a few forums, I need to go through them and make a list and see the results. I think it's been long enough, so I'll try to get to it tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.
Scratch

Postby grimbeaver on Tue May 15, 2018 5:07 am

Like everyone else I love the MBT but if one was looking for a drop in cheaper option hard to go wrong with a factory polished millspec like the Palmetto EPT combined with JP reduced power springs.
grimbeaver

Postby Scratch on Tue May 15, 2018 6:17 am

In the 4 different forums I posted, I had 17 different specific triggers mentioned. There were 4 triggers that were on top.
Geissele SSA
RR Match
Hiperfire 3G
CMC

Of those, the RR and the CMC are the ones I don't have yet, but I've decided to go with the CMC. I also have the Ruger Elite 452, a factory mil spec, and a mil spec tuned down to 4 pounds and with a set screw.
Scratch

Next

Return to Accessories