Guests at OGC

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Guests at OGC

Postby hard h2o on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:12 pm

OGC members. I believe during my orientation that I was told that to bring guests on non-public days they have to arrive and depart in the same vehicle with the member.

Is that correct?

Looking at the handbook this is the only thing I see governing that: "You must supervise your guests at all times and they must be physically on the same range as you, arrive and leave with you."

Does that mean they have to arrive and leave at the same time or physically in the same vehicle?

I have been meeting guests ad driving in together in one vehicle. It would be much nicer if we could meet at the gate, card them in, and then just leave at the same time in separate vehicles.
hard h2o

Re: Guests at OGC

Postby photogpat on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:21 pm

They can drive themselves. You just have to meet them at the gate - then have them sign a waiver.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby hard h2o on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:16 pm

photogpat wrote:They can drive themselves. You just have to meet them at the gate - then have them sign a waiver.

Thanks.
hard h2o

Postby hard h2o on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Reading the handbook I think I can take immediate family along with my 3 guests. Is that correct or am I reading it wrong? The way I am reading it immediate family is not a guest.

"Members of your immediate family consisting of your spouse, partner and children may use the club facilities with you. All family members and guests must sign a waiver every time they use the club with you. You must supervise your family at all times and they must be physically on the same range as you, arrive and leave with you. Children must be well behaved and under control at all times. All family members must wear hearing and eye protection while on the range.
During member-only hours, you may bring a maximum of three non-family guests at a time. You must supervise your guests at all times and they must be physically on the same range as you, arrive and leave with you. All guests must wear hearing and eye protection while on the range. You are your guest RSO and not allowed to be shooting at the same time as the guests."
hard h2o

Postby photogpat on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:05 am

Immediate family doesn't count as your 3 guests because that's never been an issue in the past.

Don't bring your dozen family members and 3 guests and make it an issue perhaps?
photogpat

Postby Ghost on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:07 am

photogpat wrote:Immediate family doesn't count as your 3 guests because that's never been an issue in the past.

Don't bring your dozen family members and 3 guests and make it an issue perhaps?

Anti family reunions at OGC
Ghost

Postby photogpat on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:16 am

Ghost wrote:
photogpat wrote:Immediate family doesn't count as your 3 guests because that's never been an issue in the past.

Rental of an entire range isn't expensive. Then you can bring whomever you want.
photogpat

Postby hard h2o on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:13 am

Not thinking of breaking the rules. Just looking at how to maximize my membership. Three guests allowed and my son and me would make a full squad for trap.

I feel kind of silly about the driving in with the guests. I guess I heard something at orientation and stuck with it.

My Chevy Equinox is not very conducive to carting around both people and gear. I don't care what they show in the TV ads. Try to put a bunch of long guns and 4 people in their and it gets a bit interesting.

I appreciate the clarification of the rules.

I love OGC. One of the great things about it is that the ranges are clean and orderly. It seems like everyone follows the rules. I do not want to be the one booted for a rules violation.
hard h2o

Postby Ghost on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:31 am

photogpat wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Rental of an entire range isn't expensive. Then you can bring whomever you want.

I was kidding.
Ghost

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs