Buy 'em back. You know, elected officials.

Firearms related political discussion forum

Buy 'em back. You know, elected officials.

Postby daleamn on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Something I see more on a national level than a state level is that the anti-gun folk froth at the mouth about how gun rights groups and the NRA have “bought” elected officials and THAT is why they can’t get any gun legislation passed.

Well here’s a thought, BUY 'EM BACK!!!

I mean if MONEY is the only reason these officials vote the way they do then the solution is simple. Anti-gun folk have Mr. Bloomberg on their side as well as all the late night talk show hosts (Jimmy Kimmel comes to mind) and a myriad of Hollywood celebrities that make a LOT of money. Just buy ‘em back. It’s that simple.

Unless of course some of the officials hold their views based on freedom and liberty and other antiquated beliefs.
daleamn

Re: Buy 'em back. You know, elected officials.

Postby MJY65 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:41 pm

They certainly are trying. Bloomberg has pledged half a BILLION dollars of his own money to defeat Trump in 2020. Makes the NRA's 30 million last cycle seem like chump change.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:51 pm

MJY65 wrote:They certainly are trying. Bloomberg has pledged half a BILLION dollars of his own money to defeat Trump in 2020. Makes the NRA's 30 million last cycle seem like chump change.

He won’t be the only one either
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:52 pm

With the level of Trump Derangement Syndrom out there, it will not be possible to match the cash that will be generated in opposition to Trump's campaign for reelection.

There will be a very concerted effort to throw as much unsubstantiated BS at the American people as they can think up. Wild accusations that they hope will convince the casual voter to pull the lever for whomever the Left ends up with. The stakes are high, so I'm expecting some seriously wild s#it. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an attempt on his life-the hate runs that deep with the zealots.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:24 pm

This could be an election that spends 2 to 3 times what was spent in 2016.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:23 am

Ghost wrote:This could be an election that spends 2 to 3 times what was spent in 2016.

Good time to get into the sign printing business ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby Lumpy on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:58 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ghost wrote:This could be an election that spends 2 to 3 times what was spent in 2016.

Naw, the big money nowadays is in professional spin doctors, "astroturf" organizations, tv ads and legions of for-hire blog posters. :x

Shows nothing is new; in the latter days of the Roman Republic politicians hired crowds of impoverished citizens to be demonstrators. :cry:
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Lumpy wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

Naw, the big money nowadays is in professional spin doctors, "astroturf" organizations, tv ads and legions of for-hire blog posters. :x

Shows nothing is new; in the latter days of the Roman Republic politicians hired crowds of impoverished citizens to be demonstrators. :cry:

I don't blog and get dizzy easily so I figure I will stick to yard sign printing.
Holland&Holland

Return to Politics