Stock & Barrel Eagan

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Stock & Barrel Eagan

Postby hard h2o on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:26 pm

aprilian wrote:Why do they think that I love cigars just because I like guns?

I prefer Bill's one-price-per-visit model and don't like the idea of paying by the hour. Too bad, it will be close to me.

I do like the ideas of FFL's and lockers to store guns. Seems a good solution to "Honey, don't you dare bring another gun into this house!" :oops:

They opened up a Pinz bowling center near me several years ago. You pay for a bowling lane by the hour. It ends up being a bit more expensive than the other traditional lanes that charge per game. Less lingering when you are paying for a block time versus per game. I am a cheap SOB so I like to get my money's worth.

I would not want to pay for a shooting lane per hour. Nice to be a member of a club where I can take my own sweet time. We charge the public per day basically. With your hand stamp you can shoot as much as you want. You can leave and come back.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:50 pm

aprilian wrote:
I do like the ideas of FFL's and lockers to store guns. Seems a good solution to "Honey, don't you dare bring another gun into this house!" :oops:

Wait, you can hear your spouse? Hearing loss saved many a marriage.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:14 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
aprilian wrote:

What?
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:20 pm

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
aprilian wrote:

What?

Exactly
Holland&Holland

Postby ZeeC on Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:13 pm

I prefer Bill's one-price-per-visit model and don't like the idea of paying by the hour. Too bad, it will be close to me.

I like you can buy a silencer and they will store and lock it. You can check it in and out and use it until your stamp comes.
ZeeC

Postby Erud on Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:26 pm

ZeeC wrote:

I like you can buy a silencer and they will store and lock it. You can check it in and out and use it until your stamp comes.

Yeah, that is a pretty cool service. I haven’t shot muc pistol for the last several years, but I am planning to shoot here when they open.
Erud

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:14 am

Quick update:
Here is the email I received this morning from the Marketing director Shelly Frank.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I have arranged a time for you to come and tour the new Eagan Club a little sooner than expected! I will be available at our new Eagan location on Saturday, February 2nd, from 1:00pm - 3:00pm and would love to have you stop by and see the new facility. No appointment is necessary, you can stop by at your convenience during those hours.

We are currently scheduled for a soft opening of the Eagan Club on February 15th, with shooting becoming available at a later date in March yet to be determined.

I look forward to seeing you on February 2nd!

Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby ZeeC on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:51 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Quick update:
Here is the email I received this morning from the Marketing director Shelly Frank.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I have arranged a time for you to come and tour the new Eagan Club a little sooner than expected! I will be available at our new Eagan location on Saturday, February 2nd, from 1:00pm - 3:00pm and would love to have you stop by and see the new facility. No appointment is necessary, you can stop by at your convenience during those hours.

We are currently scheduled for a soft opening of the Eagan Club on February 15th, with shooting becoming available at a later date in March yet to be determined.

Soft opening without shooting? That’s no fun.
ZeeC

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:26 pm

ZeeC wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:Quick update:

Hi Everyone,

Soft opening without shooting? That’s no fun.

Sounds like a FTF to me
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:04 am

Dropped into the facility earlier tonight. Very nice high end finish. Lanes are only 25 yards but overall it felt like it was designed to make shooters comfortable and give you a place to hang out
I will enjoy this place. Sounded like two more weeks before they have a green light to shoot.

Although no one bad mouthed the city, I got the impression a lot of the waiting was to get them comfortable.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Shot at the Chanhassen one last week. Decent facility but not sure I would pay that price for it.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:45 pm

What are non members prices? I paid $199 to join and$35/month for unlimited shooting during open hours. LIBERTY membership, I think. You can reserve a lane up to two weeks in advance, onsite lockers etc. Nice lounge area to hang before or after shooting, consignment guns to purchase, gunsmith, gun cleaning room, gun rental including full auto. Nice set up.

They do have a high dollar membership that gives you extra privileges, but that isn't for me.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:48 pm

yukonjasper wrote:What are non members prices? I paid $199 to join and$35/month for unlimited shooting during open hours. LIBERTY membership, I think.

They do have a high dollar membership that gives you extra privileges, but that isn't for me.

20 bucks for a lane I think it is per hour but they were not busy so they were not picky on time.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:01 pm

yukonjasper wrote:What are non members prices? I paid $199 to join and$35/month for unlimited shooting during open hours. LIBERTY membership, I think. You can reserve a lane up to two weeks in advance, onsite lockers etc. Nice lounge area to hang before or after shooting, consignment guns to purchase, gunsmith, gun cleaning room, gun rental including full auto. Nice set up.

Are you able to put the membership on hold for the summer when you may rather be outside?
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:30 pm

I believe so. But I don't necessarily have an outside option, so I didn't look too far into that.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs