A reloader extraordinaire

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Postby GoodDoctor on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:31 pm

I had the opportunity of learning the nuances of reloading from OldmanFCSA at his shop, (more like a grand facility than a shop), last week. The entire session was a fabulous experience, able to cover the basics in both pistol and long gun cartridge reloading. Oldman is wonderful to learn from, patient, kind, and gentle in his approach. (The dogs are a hoot to have around, as well.) And he seemingly has nearly everything ever made for reloading so you can see and compare different tools available. I know others have been to see to him for their introductions to reloading and have attested to their similar grand experiences, I just want to let everyone know he is still offering his considerable knowledge and skill to teach anyone willing to travel to his shop in Osceola. Well worth the effort. Oldman is a tremendous asset to all of us interested in this sport.
GoodDoctor

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:57 pm

Nothing beats a little hands on under a direction of experienced reloader!
gun_fan111v2

Re: A reloader extraordinaire

Postby FJ540 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:26 pm

When I first met Doug, I was a little weirded out by his DL policy. It's actually a good measure for him, given his exposure in doing these lessons with strangers.

In the years since, we've become good friends and his depth of knowledge is just a bonus.
FJ540

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:44 pm

Thank you all for the kind words.

???? The Drivers License policy in simple terms: If I am to give out my location for your driving needs to arrive at my facility, I simply want Your picture so I know who is walking thru the door and your address as its only fair since you know mine. If you feel the need to block your DL number, so be it. I just want your picture and your address. Even with your address I have not seen your facility. So what's the big deal about my policy?

All others will be shot on sight and survivors will be shot again. :lol:
OldmanFCSA

Postby INOR on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:54 pm

Seems like a fair policy. Didn’t you have some of your belongings get up and walk away on you a while back? I remember you stopped sharing your expertise for a while as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:14 pm

INOR wrote:Seems like a fair policy. Didn’t you have some of your belongings get up and walk away on you a while back? I remember you stopped sharing your expertise for a while as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn’t that a neighbor?
Ghost

Postby FJ540 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:59 pm

It's reasonable, just never encountered it before.
FJ540

Return to Reviews