Modular 22LR Suppressors

Re: Modular 22LR Suppressors

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:07 pm

So the paperwork to own is applicable to each individual suppressor? Each has their own paperwork and fees?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:10 pm

yukonjasper wrote:So the paperwork to own is applicable to each individual suppressor? Each has their own paperwork and fees?

I went the trust route with mine so they all go into it now. You pay the fee for each one.

I recommend the silencershop kiosks for anyone wanting to get into it.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:48 pm

yukonjasper wrote:So the paperwork to own is applicable to each individual suppressor? Each has their own paperwork and fees?

Yup, each is it's own item, each suppressor, SBR, SBS, machine gun... Gotta love compromise and reasonable gun control ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby Dill on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:03 am

brad3579 wrote:
Dill wrote:get the new Silencerco Switchback.

Looks interesting, have you tried one?

not personally. They released them about 2 weeks after I purchased my Silencerco Spectre II, which I have shot with a lot, and the Switchback apparently bests the Spectre.
Dill

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Thoughts on the Dakota Silencer line? Saw them at the deer show last weekend.
Holland&Holland

Postby grimbeaver on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Sigh been too busy to get back to this thread. Looked at the Silencerco Switchback. Interesting, especially the "rifle mode" where you flip around some of the baffles. It's on the heaver side though too if using the whole thing. Too many options.

Right now all I have to shoot it with is a Ruger 22/45 Lite. More than likely will get a Kidd 6" barrel for my Charger to make a sweet little ~12" suppressed pistol.
grimbeaver

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Thoughts on rugers .22 can?
Holland&Holland

Postby grimbeaver on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:39 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Thoughts on rugers .22 can?

Nothing really stands out to me except the oversize branding on it. I'm actually wondering if it's discontinued as I can not find links to it from anywhere on their site. Searching the Ruger site comes up with a result but clicking on it to see the spec sheet it comes up not found. Google can find a page still live but that's about it.
grimbeaver

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:22 am

grimbeaver wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Thoughts on rugers .22 can?

Nothing really stands out to me except the oversize branding on it. I'm actually wondering if it's discontinued as I can not find links to it from anywhere on their site. Searching the Ruger site comes up with a result but clicking on it to see the spec sheet it comes up not found. Google can find a page still live but that's about it.

It’s under their rimfire pistol link.
Holland&Holland

Postby Dill on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:46 am

grimbeaver wrote:Sigh been too busy to get back to this thread. Looked at the Silencerco Switchback. Interesting, especially the "rifle mode" where you flip around some of the baffles. It's on the heaver side though too if using the whole thing. Too many options.

Right now all I have to shoot it with is a Ruger 22/45 Lite. More than likely will get a Kidd 6" barrel for my Charger to make a sweet little ~12" suppressed pistol.

a 22/45 Lite is what I primarily shoot my Spectre on. It's amazing the difference it makes
Dill

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:58 am

Dill wrote:
grimbeaver wrote:Sigh been too busy to get back to this thread. Looked at the Silencerco Switchback. Interesting, especially the "rifle mode" where you flip around some of the baffles. It's on the heaver side though too if using the whole thing. Too many options.

a 22/45 Lite is what I primarily shoot my Spectre on. It's amazing the difference it makes

I took my dad to shoot suppressed the first time and he couldn’t believe the difference it made, he shot significantly better with it. Weight, noise, anticipation - many things come into play.
Ghost

Previous

Return to Suppressors