Gabby Gifford’s new Minnesota gun control group for FUDDS

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Gabby Gifford’s new Minnesota gun control group for FUDDS

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:46 am

Here is the deal, I have had teenage kids. I could not convince them of anything because I was their parent, however they could be convinced of just about any line of reasoning by anybody else quite easily.
Holland&Holland

Postby MJY65 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
MJY65 wrote:
Rip Van Winkle wrote:Maybe, but I've never known a committed leftist that was intimated by being where they weren't wanted.

While there are probably some hardcore leftists in some of the gun control groups, I'd bet most of them are just scared of guns and find them icky. They are just carrying the water for those that may have a bigger agenda in mind.

Then why worry about where they go or what they say?

I'm not worried about where they go, as long as our message is also presented. The future generations are going to make up their own minds about gun ownership.
MJY65

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Here is the deal, I have had teenage kids. I could not convince them of anything because I was their parent, however they could be convinced of just about any line of reasoning by anybody else quite easily.

Yep, BTDT.

In fact, I was an arrogant, know everything little puke when I was a teenager too. I grew up. Had the same experience with my 2 boys. Kids grow up.

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” ― Mark Twain
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby photogpat on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
photogpat wrote:Exactly. Bigger still is that THEY’RE PHYSICALLY THERE.

I couldn't disagree with this more.

Either we haven't done our duty and educated the people who fall for their misinformation, or they were never on our side to begin with.

The fact that one of these groups showed up at the High School Trap shootoff and didn't come back after one day tells me they didn't think their message was resonating.

They couldn't find a volunteer willing to drive to Alex for a 2nd day...true story. They had all kinds of spin around why they should be there. They were out and out LYING to people who visited their booth about their policy intentions.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:07 pm

photogpat wrote:They were out and out LYING to people who visited their booth about their policy intentions.

Then it's up to us to expose their lies with the sunlight of truth.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:28 pm

photogpat wrote:
Rip Van Winkle wrote:
photogpat wrote:Exactly. Bigger still is that THEY’RE PHYSICALLY THERE.

I couldn't disagree with this more.

Either we haven't done our duty and educated the people who fall for their misinformation, or they were never on our side to begin with.

The fact that one of these groups showed up at the High School Trap shootoff and didn't come back after one day tells me they didn't think their message was resonating.

They couldn't find a volunteer willing to drive to Alex for a 2nd day...true story. They had all kinds of spin around why they should be there. They were out and out LYING to people who visited their booth about their policy intentions.

Well that is actually the best news I heard. Hope they continue to have staffing issues :D
Holland&Holland

Postby photogpat on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:53 pm

Anyways, the perceived schism between the AR/Polygun crowd and the Fudds is a gap that they're exploiting like there's no tomorrow. It's a known weakness in the gun owning crowd.....just like groups such as Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, and the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership are trying to get the Fudds away from the GOP....
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby xd ED on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Well that is actually the best news I heard. Hope they continue to have staffing issues :D

I was thinking the same thing - a real lack of commitment to actually do something....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Sorcerer on Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:10 pm

Did anyone else notice that in there dog and pony show that a bunch of middle to older white men looked very uncomfortable? :D
Sorcerer

Postby Randygmn on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:05 pm

They couldn't find a volunteer willing to drive to Alex for a 2nd day...true story. They had all kinds of spin around why they should be there. They were out and out LYING to people who visited their booth about their policy intentions.[/quote]

Well that is actually the best news I heard. Hope they continue to have staffing issues :D[/quote]

Since Giffords is funded by Bloomberg, they’ll have the resources to “inspire” people to make that extra effort. Adding a monetary incentive of substance usually solves that problem. This new group I’m afraid will be different and much more capable and aggressive.

And as far as needing FUDDS on our side? To be classified as a FUDD means they are already predisposed against civilians owning semi automatic firearms. As far as they’re concerned, all of their hunting and sporting needs can be fulfilled with pump shotguns, bolt rifles and the occasional revolver. They must all have a certain percentage of their guns covered by walnut and the ammo they use in all their guns can be bought at the corner gas station. These people believe that their willingness to oppose civilian ownership of semi autos will be all the protection they’ll need in the future to protect their guns. I have nothing but contempt for them.
Randygmn

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Randygmn wrote:They couldn't find a volunteer willing to drive to Alex for a 2nd day...true story. They had all kinds of spin around why they should be there. They were out and out LYING to people who visited their booth about their policy intentions.

Well that is actually the best news I heard. Hope they continue to have staffing issues :D[/quote]

Since Giffords is funded by Bloomberg, they’ll have the resources to “inspire” people to make that extra effort. Adding a monetary incentive of substance usually solves that problem. This new group I’m afraid will be different and much more capable and aggressive.

And as far as needing FUDDS on our side? To be classified as a FUDD means they are already predisposed against civilians owning semi automatic firearms. As far as they’re concerned, all of their hunting and sporting needs can be fulfilled with pump shotguns, bolt rifles and the occasional revolver. They must all have a certain percentage of their guns covered by walnut and the ammo they use in all their guns can be bought at the corner gas station. These people believe that their willingness to oppose civilian ownership of semi autos will be all the protection they’ll need in the future to protect their guns. I have nothing but contempt for them.[/quote]

Then turn your guns in now because you have already lost. Do you not get it? We need their vote because they outnumber you.
Holland&Holland

Postby Randygmn on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:59 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Randygmn wrote:They couldn't find a volunteer willing to drive to Alex for a 2nd day...true story. They had all kinds of spin around why they should be there. They were out and out LYING to people who visited their booth about their policy intentions.

And as far as needing FUDDS on our side? To be classified as a FUDD means they are already predisposed against civilians owning semi automatic firearms. As far as they’re concerned, all of their hunting and sporting needs can be fulfilled with pump shotguns, bolt rifles and the occasional revolver. They must all have a certain percentage of their guns covered by walnut and the ammo they use in all their guns can be bought at the corner gas station. These people believe that their willingness to oppose civilian ownership of semi autos will be all the protection they’ll need in the future to protect their guns. I have nothing but contempt for them.[/quote]

Then turn your guns in now because you have already lost. Do you not get it? We need their vote because they outnumber you.[/quote]

Apparently you don’t understand the definition of a FUDD. A mandatory component of that definition is cooperating with gun control policies that don’t necessarily effect them personally. I’m not sure how you think they can be of service to the cause of protecting the 2A. Seems a bit naive.

And with all due respect, you’re out of your mind if you think we’ve lost anything. There will be an ultra violent, perhaps even a genocidal winner take all, once and for all engagement before gun owning Patriots accept any unconstitutional, broad based semi auto bans. There are easily 3% of American gun owners (3million) who are not only ready, willing, and able to fight and die to protect our Bill of Rights, we’re willing to kill for it, too (which is no different than our military’s mindset, fwiw).
Randygmn

Postby LarryFlew on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:31 am

The future generations are going to make up their own minds about gun ownership.

I'm afraid that is a HUGE part of the problem when their teachers, politicians and friends parents a filling their heads with BS.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby bstrawse on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:31 am

Giffords is a separate organization - Bloomberg does not fund them.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:44 am

LarryFlew wrote:The future generations are going to make up their own minds about gun ownership.

I'm afraid that is a HUGE part of the problem when their teachers, politicians and friends parents a filling their heads with BS.

Which is precisely why we all have to do our part and teach them the truth.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

PreviousNext

Return to Politics