BREAKING: Police Situation in Philadelphia - #NorthPhilly

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby Grayskies on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:42 pm

https://youtu.be/7bMHKY2rBGY

Been watching since 16:30. Expecting CNN to blame Trump, calls from the dems for assault weapons bans, magazine bans and universal back ground checks...
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Re: BREAKING: Police Situation in Philadelphia - #NorthPhilly

Postby Grayskies on Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:17 am

In N. Philly gun standoff, alleged cop shooter Maurice Hill has a long criminal history
Public records show that he has been arrested about a dozen times since turning 18, and convicted six times on charges that involved illegal possession of guns, drug dealing, and aggravated assault. He has been in and out of prison; the longest sentence handed him came in 2010, when a federal judge gave him a 55-month term.

And, his record would indicate, he does not like to go to prison. In 2008, he was convicted of escaping, fleeing from police, and resisting arrest. Along the way, he beat criminal charges on everything from kidnapping to attempted murder.

Hill also spent time in federal prison. In 2008, he pleaded guilty to federal firearms violations after he was caught with a Smith & Wesson .357 and later a Taurus PT .45 semiautomatic. His prior felony convictions should have barred him from owning those weapons. U.S. District Judge Paul S. Diamond sentenced him to four years and seven months in prison.

More recently, Hill was convicted of perjury in 2013 and sentenced to seven years of probation. He appeared before Common Pleas Court Judge Rayford Means for three different alleged violations of probation — at least two of them related to new cases, which he later beat.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelp ... 90815.html

The optics look pretty bad for the gun grabbers, this will probably disappear fast.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:16 am

or they will use it as a reason for UBCs.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:52 am

I can pretty much guarantee that he illegally obtained any firearms involved in that incident. Looks to be a career looser...
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby LarryFlew on Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:22 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I can pretty much guarantee that he illegally obtained any firearms involved in that incident. Looks to be a career looser...

I heard he was just turning his life around :twisted:
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Lumpy on Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:59 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I can pretty much guarantee that he illegally obtained any firearms involved in that incident. Looks to be a career looser...
"If there just were no guns to steal, people like this wouldn't be able to get guns on the black market!" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Lumpy wrote:
"If there just were no guns to steal, people like this wouldn't be able to get guns on the black market!" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bingo
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News