Scout rifle

Discussion of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders

Scout rifle

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:35 am

There has been a increase interest in them in the last couple of years. I just bought a Mossberg MVP scout last night for $399.

I like the idea of a short barrel box magazine bolt action...

Anyone else love the scout rifle? Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Re: Scout rifle

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:46 am

Yes, picked one up a while ago and like it. It gets limited service, but like that it takes AR maga. Picked it up used with a illuminated reticle scope on it. The idea was to have a bolt option in .223 to bring with for varmints and yotes.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

yukonjasper wrote:Yes, picked one up a while ago and like it. It gets limited service, but like that it takes AR maga. Picked it up used with a illuminated reticle scope on it. The idea was to have a bolt option in .223 to bring with for varmints and yotes.
Mine is in 308win. Basically a bolt action AR10...

"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Ghost on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:50 am

yukonjasper wrote:Yes, picked one up a while ago and like it. It gets limited service, but like that it takes AR maga. Picked it up used with a illuminated reticle scope on it. The idea was to have a bolt option in .223 to bring with for varmints and yotes.

You’ve got MAGA on your mind
Ghost

Scout rifle

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Well I sent the first magazine though the gun yesterday at a nice range I didn't even know was around. Rifle shot fine. Bolt picked up the shells no problem. Iron rights are dead on at 50 yards.

Should make a great "get off my lawn" gun.

PHATSPEED7x

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:35 pm

PHATSPEED7x wrote:Well I sent the first magazine though the gun yesterday at a nice range I didn't even know was around. Rifle shot fine. Bolt picked up the shells no problem. Iron rights are dead on at 50 yards.

Should make a great "get off my lawn" gun.

That would be a Garand.
Holland&Holland

Return to Long Guns