Social Credit Score System To Determine Who Can Buy A Gun

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Social Credit Score System To Determine Who Can Buy A Gun

Postby Grayskies on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:51 am

TRUMP ADMINISTRATION CONSIDERING SOCIAL CREDIT SCORE SYSTEM TO DETERMINE WHO CAN BUY A GUN
Would partner with Big Tech to use spy data from Amazon, Google and Apple.
The Trump administration is considering launching a social credit score-style system in coordination with Big Tech that would use spy data collected from Amazon, Google and Apple devices to determine whether or not an individual can own a gun.

“The proposal is part of an initiative to create a Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), which would be located inside the Health and Human Services Department,” reports the Daily Caller. “The new agency would have a separate budget and the president would be responsible for appointing its director.”

HARPA would employ “breakthrough technologies with high specificity and sensitivity for early diagnosis of neuropsychiatric violence,” including Apple Watches, Amazon Echo and Google Home.

https://www.infowars.com/trump-administ ... buy-a-gun/

Not sure I believe this, tho it would be a horrifically bad idea!
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Re: Social Credit Score System To Determine Who Can Buy A Gun

Postby jdege on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:55 am

It might be a great way of deflecting the conversation for a bit.
jdege

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:19 pm

I'd take this more seriously if it was reported by a more credible source.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:25 pm

Grayskies wrote:TRUMP ADMINISTRATION CONSIDERING SOCIAL CREDIT SCORE SYSTEM TO DETERMINE WHO CAN BUY A GUN
Would partner with Big Tech to use spy data from Amazon, Google and Apple.
The Trump administration is considering launching a social credit score-style system in coordination with Big Tech that would use spy data collected from Amazon, Google and Apple devices to determine whether or not an individual can own a gun.

“The proposal is part of an initiative to create a Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), which would be located inside the Health and Human Services Department,” reports the Daily Caller. “The new agency would have a separate budget and the president would be responsible for appointing its director.”

HARPA would employ “breakthrough technologies with high specificity and sensitivity for early diagnosis of neuropsychiatric violence,” including Apple Watches, Amazon Echo and Google Home.

https://www.infowars.com/trump-administ ... buy-a-gun/

Not sure I believe this, tho it would be a horrifically bad idea!

Awesome! Next they can use that score to determine who will be guilty of a crime in the future and terminate their lives now! Worked out great for Tom Cruze.
Holland&Holland

Postby Grayskies on Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:17 pm

Trump Admin Is Considering Using Amazon Echo And Apple Watch To Determine If Citizens Should Own A Gun
The Trump administration is considering a proposal that would use Google, Amazon and Apple to collect data on users who exhibit characteristics of mental illness that could lead to violent behavior, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The proposal is part of an initiative to create a Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), which would be located inside the Health and Human Services Department, the report notes, citing sources inside the administration. The new agency would have a separate budget and the president would be responsible for appointing its director.

HARPA would take after Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, which serves as the research arm for the Pentagon. The idea was first crafted in 2017 but has since gotten a renewed push after mass shootings killed 31 people in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, in August.

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2019/08/22/ ... background

I would think this is a slightly better source.

What if I don't want to or can't afford to buy their tech?

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Grayskies wrote:Trump Admin Is Considering Using Amazon Echo And Apple Watch To Determine If Citizens Should Own A Gun
The Trump administration is considering a proposal that would use Google, Amazon and Apple to collect data on users who exhibit characteristics of mental illness that could lead to violent behavior, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The proposal is part of an initiative to create a Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), which would be located inside the Health and Human Services Department, the report notes, citing sources inside the administration. The new agency would have a separate budget and the president would be responsible for appointing its director.

HARPA would take after Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, which serves as the research arm for the Pentagon. The idea was first crafted in 2017 but has since gotten a renewed push after mass shootings killed 31 people in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, in August.

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2019/08/22/ ... background

I would think this is a slightly better source.

What if I don't want to or can't afford to buy their tech?

The dems will buy you one.
Holland&Holland

Postby Grayskies on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:03 pm

Then I will lock it in a room with some inane video on repeat. Like Al Gore reads the dictionary or Al Gore reads the phone book or something.

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:14 pm

Grayskies wrote:Then I will lock it in a room with some inane video on repeat. Like Al Gore reads the dictionary or Al Gore reads the phone book or something.

All Gore's dissertation on his creation of the internet.
Holland&Holland

Postby Grayskies on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:00 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Grayskies wrote:Then I will lock it in a room with some inane video on repeat. Like Al Gore reads the dictionary or Al Gore reads the phone book or something.

That might be too cruel, I wouldn't to get in trouble with PETE (people for the ethical treatment of electronics)!

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:08 am

Grayskies wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

That might be too cruel, I wouldn't to get in trouble with PETE (people for the ethical treatment of electronics)!

I’ll give you that. ;)
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News