The perfect trigger lock for your AR?

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Postby jdege on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:00 pm

jdege

Re: The perfect trigger lock for your AR?

Postby jdege on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:05 pm

Last edited by jdege on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdege

Postby Ghost on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:05 pm

One of the best channels on YouTube
Ghost

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:55 pm

jdege wrote:For those who think this isn't a real product:

https://www.amazon.com/RUSFOL-Solid-Mount-Display-Locker/dp/B07XKHVHDR?ref_=ast_bbp_dp

Q&A says that they changed the description to “mount” yesterday. Would be a cool setup for a secure gun room.
gun_fan111v2

Postby prushin on Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:06 am

It looks like a cool way to wall mount an AR. Itls like a wall mounted bench block.

They really weren't thinking when the called it a safe. It's made of plastic, it's fastened with 4-#10 screws with included plastic anchors, it's just a wee bit too wide to get all 4 screws into a single stud.

On the other hand, I'm now really tempted to make a half-dozen of these out of aluminum for personal use. I will change the width so that they can be secured with a pair of lag screws into a stud.
prushin

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:25 am

Looks like a cheap piece of junk to me.
Holland&Holland

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:00 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Looks like a cheap piece of junk to me.

Hard to argue with that statement :)
gun_fan111v2

Postby jdege on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:04 am

prushin wrote:It looks like a cool way to wall mount an AR. Itls like a wall mounted bench block.

They really weren't thinking when the called it a safe. It's made of plastic, it's fastened with 4-#10 screws with included plastic anchors, it's just a wee bit too wide to get all 4 screws into a single stud.

On the other hand, I'm now really tempted to make a half-dozen of these out of aluminum for personal use. I will change the width so that they can be secured with a pair of lag screws into a stud.

If they had a channel that would allow to run a locking cable through the magazine well and out the ejector port it'd be as insecure as any cable lock, instead of f***ing ridiculous.
jdege

Postby Ghost on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:19 am

jdege wrote:
prushin wrote:It looks like a cool way to wall mount an AR. Itls like a wall mounted bench block.

If they had a channel that would allow to run a locking cable through the magazine well and out the ejector port it'd be as insecure as any cable lock, instead of f***ing ridiculous.

Insecure is right. His videos using cable or bolt cutters show cable locks are only for the honest.

He could probably stick a shim in this cable lock and be in in 20 seconds.
Ghost

Return to Accessories