Will anyone be in Hibbing Jan 20 for the Senate gun hearing?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Will anyone be in Hibbing Jan 20 for the Senate gun hearing?

Postby Ghost on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:28 pm

You can find quite a bit of data here

https://www.gunfacts.info/
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:09 am

Is it typical for the hearing on this to be held in a remote area of the state? That is confused Democrat territory, wondering what they are trying to glean from the opinions gathered in that venue? I'm thinking they are searching for the Fuds who are going to support "common sense " gun control as a start in on further infringement.

Good luck. Will be interested in the outcome.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:55 am

yukonjasper wrote:Is it typical for the hearing on this to be held in a remote area of the state? That is confused Democrat territory, wondering what they are trying to glean from the opinions gathered in that venue? I'm thinking they are searching for the Fuds who are going to support "common sense " gun control as a start in on further infringement.

They wanted to hold a hearing outside the metro in a pro-gun area. We have a ton of support here locally as gauged by the huge turn-out we had at our social event last night.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:10 am

yukonjasper wrote:Is it typical for the hearing on this to be held in a remote area of the state? That is confused Democrat territory, wondering what they are trying to glean from the opinions gathered in that venue? I'm thinking they are searching for the Fuds who are going to support "common sense " gun control as a start in on further infringement.

So only the metro matters?
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:11 am

Never said that. Just trying to understand the logic and whether there is a manipulation going on.

I grew up on the Range and still spend time up there care giving for an elderly parent, so very aware of the struggles they have with deep rooted DFL politics and the Progressive agenda they are being told to embrace. They are Joe Lieberman Democrats. The party has left them behind.......just starting to sink in.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby BigBlue on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:14 am

I think for such wide-impacting things as gun control legislation they should by default hold hearings in various areas of the state to allow people in different regions to make their feelings known. It would be more effective than just having outstate folks giving feedback to their legislators and hoping that gets carried back.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Jackpine Savage on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:48 am

yukonjasper wrote:Never said that. Just trying to understand the logic and whether there is a manipulation going on.

I grew up on the Range and still spend time up there care giving for an elderly parent, so very aware of the struggles they have with deep rooted DFL politics and the Progressive agenda they are being told to embrace. They are Joe Lieberman Democrats. The party has left them behind.......just starting to sink in.

Guns are a good wedge issue to drive them further from the Dem party. Mining is another.

Pete Stauber managed to pull out a win.
Jackpine Savage

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:30 pm

BigBlue wrote:I think for such wide-impacting things as gun control legislation they should by default hold hearings in various areas of the state to allow people in different regions to make their feelings known. It would be more effective than just having outstate folks giving feedback to their legislators and hoping that gets carried back.

BB

Agree. This should be done on more issues.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:34 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:Never said that. Just trying to understand the logic and whether there is a manipulation going on.

Guns are a good wedge issue to drive them further from the Dem party. Mining is another.

Pete Stauber managed to pull out a win.

Agreed, I think the DFL stranglehold is loosening. The older first generation immigrants are gone and their Eastern European and Scandinavian political thought with them. The Unions really benefitted those groups, but the needs are gone now.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:00 pm

I have 2 son in laws who are union workers, avid gun nuts, but vote democrat because their union tells them to if they don’t want their unions to disappear and work for lower wages. Know others in the same situation.
Bearcatrp

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:55 pm

:exactly:
That is the Union propaganda. And they aren't completely wrong, there would be a regression to the mean, however if they were successful in shaking out the slackers and the weak performers the Unions are now protecting, the Company becomes more profitable and more stable.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby bstrawse on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:30 am

Here is the livestream of the hearing from yesterday - it's 5 hours long.

We'll have some interesting bits up on our Facebook page over the coming days.

https://www.facebook.com/mnsrc/videos/2649306205298139

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:37 am

BigBlue wrote:I think for such wide-impacting things as gun control legislation they should by default hold hearings in various areas of the state to allow people in different regions to make their feelings known. It would be more effective than just having outstate folks giving feedback to their legislators and hoping that gets carried back.

BB

This
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 am

Check out the videotaped testimony of Reverend Timothy Christopher at the hearing:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/blackmindsunchained/posts/?ref=notif
I wish I could have been there to see the faces of the committee members he was calling out.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:42 am

Any access for non-Facebookers?
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

PreviousNext

Return to In The News