NY Lawsuit Against Trump for allowing 3D gun plans

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

NY Lawsuit Against Trump for allowing 3D gun plans

Postby jdege on Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:30 pm

https://time.com/5770589/21-states-lawsuit-trump-printed-guns/
21 States File Lawsuit Against Trump Administration Over 'Dangerous' Changes to Federal Firearm Regulations
Twenty-one states across the country, from New York to Hawaii, are suing the Trump Administration for weakening federal oversight of firearm and ammunition exports, a move which the states say will provide easier access to the technology needed for 3D-printed guns — and could thus make it easier for weapons to get in the wrong hands.

I'm at a loss as to what they expect the government to do. Nothing any government could do would make those files unavailable.
jdege

Re: NY Lawsuit Against Trump for allowing 3D gun plans

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:53 pm

This is what is wrong with society. 21 states who don't believe in the 1st or 2nd amendments.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:09 am

These "Lawyers" have no clue. Once it was posted on the internet, it's there for Everyone to use. Once released, it's damn near impossible to stop.....Stupid Ass State Attorney's
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Ironbear on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:48 am

jdege wrote:I'm at a loss as to what they expect the government to do. Nothing any government could do would make those files unavailable.

I'm at a loss as to why you expect truth, rationality, feasibility, or reality to have meaningful involvement in this lawsuit... :o
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Ghost on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:42 am

Ironbear wrote:
jdege wrote:I'm at a loss as to what they expect the government to do. Nothing any government could do would make those files unavailable.

I'm at a loss as to why you expect truth, rationality, feasibility, or reality to have meaningful involvement in this lawsuit... :o

I’m in agreement
Ghost

Postby daleamn on Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:55 pm

To me this is akin to San Francisco declaring the NRA a "terrorist organization". Beyond dumb. But hey, I like the quote that might be from Ted Nugent. The quote is, "I like it when people say stupid things. That way we know who the stupid people are."
daleamn

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:14 pm

:bravo: :iagree:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to In The News