CCI 35 primers

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

CCI 35 primers

Postby Jackpine Savage on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:18 pm

I was just in fleet farm inBrainerd. They had CCI 35s on clearance for $20, plus there is 25% off clearance items, so $15.
Jackpine Savage

Re: CCI 35 primers

Postby BigDog58 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:02 pm

Any idea how many they had available? I picked up 7500 of them from the local FF last year, that were on clearance, but I may be interested in more. Is there a "Code" for the extra 25% off?

Thanks
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:45 am

They have them broken down into the 100 count boxes but they are behind the counter so hard to see. They might have more out of sight, I think there are limits as to how many they can put on display.

No code, just everything with a clearance sticker in the store was an additional 25% off.
Jackpine Savage

Postby aprilian on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:22 pm

any other primers on clearance?
aprilian

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:20 pm

aprilian wrote:any other primers on clearance?

Nope
Jackpine Savage

Postby smurfman on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:19 pm

The only limits on display are area allowed and ambition/knowledge/comfort of staff to put out primers.

The clearance sale is store wide at all stores. Anything with a yellow clearance tag has an additional 25% discount from the sticker price. Merchandise is added to the sale daily as well as further price changes on merchandise already out.

I've been hitting the stores now and then for some pretty decent deals. So far have scored a 63 gun Cannon safe, a Springfield XD, a DeWalt 20V sliding miter saw, an 18V DeWalt circular saw, 3 boxes of 100 gr Hornady 25 caliber bullets, and a package of wood boring spades for a little under $1100. Went to buy a 6.5 Creedmore Ruger Precision Rifle as the price dropped to $1000 ($750 actual) but was 10 minutes too late. I bought the XD instead to get my gun fix fulfilled.

I wish I would have been quicker in regards to scopes - Nikon Buckmasters for around $100 and the Prostaffs I wanted for $90 were good deals. I'm hoping a couple others will come up on clearance as the final price would be in my comfort zone.
smurfman

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:01 am

smurfman wrote:The only limits on display are area allowed and ambition/knowledge/comfort of staff to put out primers.

By my reading the MN Statutes say only 10,000 may be on display. We're only supposed to store 10,000 at home too, in case anyone asks.
Jackpine Savage

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:55 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:
smurfman wrote:The only limits on display are area allowed and ambition/knowledge/comfort of staff to put out primers.

By my reading the MN Statutes say only 10,000 may be on display. We're only supposed to store 10,000 at home too, in case anyone asks.

Sure glad I don't exceed that and the 20 pound powder limitation. :lalala:
OldmanFCSA

Postby xd ED on Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:31 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:

That would be wrong.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:51 am

OldmanFCSA wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:

Me Too..... :high5:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby smurfman on Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:54 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:

NFPA 1 is actually a guideline or recommendation rather than cast in stone law. Minnesota may have adopted it by statute but it is a guideline that has some potential teeth to it. The reason for NFPA 1 being a recommendation is that that particular manual regularly refers to other NFPA manuals as well as other sources (the International Building Code and International Fire Code to name two others) some of which are in direct conflict with the NFPA guidelines. To offset these potential discrepancies, NFPA 1 regularly states that the "authority having jurisdiction" can make changes to accomodate the conflicts as found. There can be lot of "give and take" in these codes and it is common to see something different than what is stated in NFPA 1 per local authorities.

In the case of this thread, if someone is the least bit familiar with the codes and SAAMI's "Sporting Ammunition and the Firefighter" a very good case can (and has) been made to allow exemptions to the 10,000 primers. This is especially true in modern buildings with sprinklers and may even be addressed in one or the other sources mentioned above.

Using primers, there is no consensus (or, at least not when I was involved) whether the 10,000 primer guideline allows only one floor display or if it is a limit of 10,000 per floor display with more than one display allowed.

Last point, NFPA 1 does not apply to privately owned residences so those with an extra can of Red Dot aren't in trouble from the fire inspectors. That extra pound might be a sticking point with the insurance company and give one some grief getting a pay out in the event of a fire in the home.
smurfman

Return to General Gun Chat