November 2020 dilemma

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: November 2020 dilemma

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:54 pm

For such small hands he does seem to have an unusually large middle finger.
Ghost

Postby linksep on Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:17 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
MJY65 wrote:It will be interesting to see who is on the ticket in 2024. Will the party revert back to legacy players, or continue down the Trump lane?

If history is any indicator, the party will revert back to the same old worn out legacy players.

The Main-Stream-Media picks the republican candidate. Romney? McCain? Trump? The ONLY candidates that could POSSIBLY loose the race. They were all the darlings of the media until the day they secured the nomination, at which point (according the the media) they instantly flipped from being the most intelligent, moderate, likeable, sane, candidate to literally the worst human trash on the planet. In my opinion, Trump was the ONLY one of the serious republican candidates that could have lost the race against Hillary. I was a "never-Trumper" and I voted '8th candidate' last time but I've "evolved" to believe there's an 80% or better chance that he's not just the lesser of the evils but actually a force for good.

Luckily for us, this time that strategy failed as spectacularly as it has succeeded in the past.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:18 am

linksep wrote:
Rip Van Winkle wrote:
MJY65 wrote:It will be interesting to see who is on the ticket in 2024. Will the party revert back to legacy players, or continue down the Trump lane?

If history is any indicator, the party will revert back to the same old worn out legacy players.

The Main-Stream-Media picks the republican candidate. Romney? McCain? Trump? The ONLY candidates that could POSSIBLY loose the race. They were all the darlings of the media until the day they secured the nomination, at which point (according the the media) they instantly flipped from being the most intelligent, moderate, likeable, sane, candidate to literally the worst human trash on the planet. In my opinion, Trump was the ONLY one of the serious republican candidates that could have lost the race against Hillary. I was a "never-Trumper" and I voted '8th candidate' last time but I've "evolved" to believe there's an 80% or better chance that he's not just the lesser of the evils but actually a force for good.

Luckily for us, this time that strategy failed as spectacularly as it has succeeded in the past.

Honestly I think he was the only one who could have did what he did against Hillary. If you recall, they were ready to anoint her high queen. She seemed like an unstoppable force and though he won remember it was not a landslide. I thought Cruz was awesome but in retrospect I do not think he would have beaten Hillary head to head. The states Trump picked up to make it happen would not have under Cruz. It would have been close but close the other way.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:11 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Honestly I think he was the only one who could have did what he did against Hillary. If you recall, they were ready to anoint her high queen. She seemed like an unstoppable force and though he won remember it was not a landslide. I thought Cruz was awesome but in retrospect I do not think he would have beaten Hillary head to head. The states Trump picked up to make it happen would not have under Cruz. It would have been close but close the other way.

Agree with that except I don’t think Cruz would have been close. Hillary would steam roll him.
Ghost

Postby Jackpine Savage on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:48 am

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Honestly I think he was the only one who could have did what he did against Hillary. If you recall, they were ready to anoint her high queen. She seemed like an unstoppable force and though he won remember it was not a landslide. I thought Cruz was awesome but in retrospect I do not think he would have beaten Hillary head to head. The states Trump picked up to make it happen would not have under Cruz. It would have been close but close the other way.

Agree with that except I don’t think Cruz would have been close. Hillary would steam roll him.

+1

Trump started gaining traction with his stand on immigration. Only some of the other Republican candidates reluctantly followed. I think immigration was and is a key issue.

Only Trump was willing to do all out battle against the MSM. His use of Twitter to circumvent them was key.

Trump brought voters out of the woodwork, for whatever reason. I saw that with my own eyes in our local township. We had invalids make it to the polls that had not voted in a long long time.
Jackpine Savage

Postby crbutler on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:16 pm

I don’t care for Trump’s personality at all.

Never watched any of that apprentice crap.

He’s tacky, rude, and crude.

He tends to excessively exaggerate and comes across as very lowbrow.

The lying thing- he does not do well with politicospeak. He breaks the unwritten rules that the press and political elites have created, yet has anyone not had a pretty good understanding of what Trump is wanting to do?

There are lots of reasons to dislike the guy.

I support him because the policies of his opponents are so antithetical to mine.

Put up a good, moral, articulate, polite conservative who can beat the leftists, and I will support him or her over Trump.
crbutler

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:44 pm

crbutler wrote:I don’t care for Trump’s personality at all.

The lying thing- he does not do well with politicospeak. He breaks the unwritten rules that the press and political elites have created, yet has anyone not had a pretty good understanding of what Trump is wanting to do?

I support him because the policies of his opponents are so antithetical to mine.

Put up a good, moral, articulate, polite conservative who can beat the leftists, and I will support him or her over Trump.

I agree with all your opinions about Trump. I just can't think of any republican, that's on the national stage, who could have stood up against all the BS the left and their tabloid allies have thrown at him.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby BigBlue on Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:02 pm

crbutler wrote:I don’t care for Trump’s personality at all.

That's the heart of it, right there. He's not the person I'd like in that role but he's the politician I want. Would it be better if we had a polished, suave, well-spoken person holding the role and pushing the same agenda? Certainly. But he's meeting some significant conservative goals and keeping the lefts' hair on fire, plus there is no way in hell I'd want someone that is an order or two of magnitude more lefty than 0bummer running the country, so Trump ends up being the choice. And I'm not sure anyone who 'acted presidential' could be as effective as he is. After how the left (and our country) has evolved they will never go back to civil decorum. I'm afraid politics will be like this for as long as the left continues to have support from 40+% of the country.
BigBlue

Postby LarryFlew on Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:26 pm

Do you think a Mr. Nice Guy could get done what he has when the media pushes against you 100% of the time?

The percent against us will continue to grow with citizens of EVERY major city being pushed towards more immigrants and freebies for all.

TC and Duluth make even MN Democrap and other states are the same. Long ago they used to do train tours to all the small towns because that's who used to make the choices.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:29 pm

How could you question this

"He reminds me of a tiny version of Jeb "Low Energy" Bush, but Jeb has more political skill and has treated the Black community much better than Mini!"

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/loser-trump-trashes-mini-mike-bloomberg-mass-dead-energy-who-does-not-want-debate
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:40 pm

LarryFlew wrote:The percent against us will continue to grow with citizens of EVERY major city being pushed towards more immigrants and freebies for all.
This sounds exactly like a post on Quora.com that I will quote below, responding to the question "Should the Electoral College be abolished? Can it be abolished?" https://qr.ae/Tz5vd4

Cristian A. Rodriguez, Autonomous at Industrial Maintenance (2011-present)
Updated Dec 7
I am from Argentina. Here we have that system you want in the US. One person, one vote, majority wins, the dictatorship of majority.

You think Argentina is doing well?

The problem with that is that politicians will have no incentive to balance the interests of the whole country and will only focus on the important districts, the ones that have more population. As for the rest, they will not care, they are irrelevant. They will exploit them and use their taxes to pay for the megacities so the cattle (voting people) are happy and keep voting for them. No one cares about the rest of the people, they are not people, their votes don’t matter.

You’d be better off keeping it the way you have it now. If you do total singular voting counts like in Argentina, you will end up having the largest cities dictating the government.

The problem with that is that they will focus only on those massive urban centers and leave the rest of the country abandoned, since they don’t need their votes.

In Argentina the political classes have encouraged overpopulation in the metropolitan area of Buenos Aires, this way it holds 1/3 of the country’s population.

They filled the slums with poor people and imported more poor people from other countries with high fertility rates while giving them subsidies. Thus they have bought votes and keep those people dependent on state aid, to use them as voting cattle.

The last election in October proved this. The Kirchners won the election again; they will release all their high-ranking officers now in jail for proven corruption cases.

They won because they focused on the most populated area. The area that is most dependent on state aid.

The Matanza and Tigre districts in Buenos Aires have more power from votes than all the other provinces.

Macri won the election in all the productive provinces that have most of the industries, agriculture, exports and the most educated people. The provinces that pay the most taxes to the state.

He lost because the Kirchners won in districts that have no productivity and high unemployment with high state-given subsidies and the lowest education levels.

If you get to see inside the blue provinces that voted the Kirchners, district by district, you will see that the ones that pay the most taxes and have most economic production voted for Macri, and the good-for-nothing overpopulated districts voted for Fernandez.

Those yellow provinces have around 13/14 million people and are the leading economic and exporting economies of the country with the highest living standards. The blue ones are the least productive provinces, the north ones are plainly feudal states with landlords owning everything and have been perpetuating unlimited re-elections by fraud (each province has its own government).

Buenos Aires province has about 15 million people alone. Is the largest economy in the country.

But the most populated districts are the least economically developed. La Matanza is like a country with four million people and is the district that always gives the Peronists their victory.

Fernandez won by two million votes, exactly the votes in those districts in blue, the poorest and most highly populated.

So think again about letting the most populated cities in the US dictate the government. It would be a disaster. The politicians will only care to keep those people voting and screw the rest.

Here in Argentina we are tired of getting poorer every day paying more and more taxes to sustain that ballast holding us down while they leech off our work to keep the others voting for them.
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:54 pm

LarryFlew wrote:Do you think a Mr. Nice Guy could get done what he has when the media pushes against you 100% of the time?

The percent against us will continue to grow with citizens of EVERY major city being pushed towards more immigrants and freebies for all.

TC and Duluth make even MN Democrap and other states are the same. Long ago they used to do train tours to all the small towns because that's who used to make the choices.

Yes, I do believe a Mr. Nice Guy could if he was the right Mr. Nice Guy. I just have not seen the Republicans put anybody up though who was that right Mr. Nice Guy. I do actually like some of Trumps edginess. I do not like when he acts like a spoiled brat. But he is a person so you get the good with the bad and we obviously are getting much more good with him than bad. Surprisingly so, I gotta be honest, when I voted for him the first time I actually feared he might have been a democrat plant.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:30 pm

In 2016 I went to a Ted Cruz rally and then later on a Trump rally, the energy at the Trump rally was 10x what the Cruz rally was. Trump has an incredible polarizing effect on people, they either love him or hate him. Lots of people liked Cruz but more loved Trump.
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:52 am

Ghost wrote:In 2016 I went to a Ted Cruz rally and then later on a Trump rally, the energy at the Trump rally was 10x what the Cruz rally was. Trump has an incredible polarizing effect on people, they either love him or hate him. Lots of people liked Cruz but more loved Trump.

I wonder if that energy is due to the fact that he's not a normal politician? I think people are sick of "business as usual" in politics where it seems like both sides are beholden to elements that are far removed from the average Joe on the street. I really wish term limits were put into place to break that chain.
BigBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Politics