People Who Left

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: People Who Left

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:24 pm

Rotary12 wrote:If you want to see some old faces, ( and I mean that literally) show up and have a fun time with the rest of us.

Hey, speak for yourself ------------------- I guess my UserName designates I'm part of this group also.
Come and join us at 9AM on Second Saturdays - sometimes the topics get lively and we get a strong hint from staff when they bring Dinner menus. A good time had by all.

Where were you today "Ed" ???
OldmanFCSA

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:46 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:
Rotary12 wrote:If you want to see some old faces, ( and I mean that literally) show up and have a fun time with the rest of us.

Hey, speak for yourself ------------------- I guess my UserName designates I'm part of this group also.
Come and join us at 9AM on Second Saturdays - sometimes the topics get lively and we get a strong hint from staff when they bring Dinner menus. A good time had by all.

Where were you today "Ed" ???

I've been really under the weather the past few days. I slept through my alarm, and didn't make my my usual call to Perkin's, warning them of our impending arrival. I hope everything worked out.
Is it possible to catch the corona virus from an Asian restaurant?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby hammAR on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:27 pm

xd ED wrote:Is it possible to catch the corona virus from an Asian restaurant?

No - just mexican............... :o
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Rodentman on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:07 am

Yeah, I'll tell you why I left. Poor moderation. I reported this insulting and unnecessary post by that Motherless Fick Randygmn:

Re: Boberg 45...
You coated your P7, or did you buy it that way? Was the finish a mess beforehand? Why would you do that? Were the folks at Robar holding your love ones hostage, or did they have compromising pictures of you holding a 22? WTF?!?!?

And nothing was done. This bullsh!t should not be allowed, but it seems that anything goes. If you don't like my Robar coated pistol just STFU, asswhole.

And that's my final answer.
Rodentman

Postby ttousi on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:26 am

Rodentman wrote:Yeah, I'll tell you why I left. Poor moderation. I reported this insulting and unnecessary post by that Motherless Fick Randygmn:

You coated your P7, or did you buy it that way? Was the finish a mess beforehand? Why would you do that? Were the folks at Robar holding your love ones hostage, or did they have compromising pictures of you holding a 22? WTF?!?!?

And nothing was done. This bullsh!t should not be allowed, but it seems that anything goes. If you don't like my Robar coated pistol just STFU, asswhole.

Don't recall seeing that reported post...........missed it....mea culpa.
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Erud on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:30 am

Rodentman wrote:Yeah, I'll tell you why I left. Poor moderation. I reported this insulting and unnecessary post by that Motherless Fick Randygmn:

Is there still a moderator here? Serious question, as I do not know, but I know I haven't seen one in a long time. Cobb has not signed on in over 3 years. It's odd because I asked on the other forum why they were trying to get that going instead of just posting more on this board, and they said it was because of the heavy-handed moderation over here. :cogitating:

*Edit - looks like Ttousi and my posts crossed in mid-ether. I guess there is a moderator here.
Erud

Postby ttousi on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:34 am

most of my time is spent knocking out the spam bots from overseas........daily at least several
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 am

Rodentman wrote:

That's hilarious. Must have been a FUGLY coat job......gold? Throw a picture of that piece of art out there for old times sake.....waddaya say?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:11 am

yukonjasper wrote:
Rodentman wrote:

That's hilarious. Must have been a FUGLY coat job......gold? Throw a picture of that piece of art out there for old times sake.....waddaya say?

Ok, I get it now on the other thread.

I remember that. It should never have ended the way it did.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:16 am

Erud wrote:Is there still a moderator here? Serious question, as I do not know, but I know I haven't seen one in a long time. Cobb has not signed on in over 3 years. It's odd because I asked on the other forum why they were trying to get that going instead of just posting more on this board, and they said it was because of the heavy-handed moderation over here. :cogitating:

*Edit - looks like Ttousi and my posts crossed in mid-ether. I guess there is a moderator here.

Trying to revive the other forum baffles me. I’m pretty sure heavy handed moderation here is not the motivator behind it more of an excuse.
Ghost

Postby hammAR on Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:10 pm

Ghost wrote:
Erud wrote:Is there still a moderator here? Serious question, as I do not know, but I know I haven't seen one in a long time. Cobb has not signed on in over 3 years. It's odd because I asked on the other forum why they were trying to get that going instead of just posting more on this board, and they said it was because of the heavy-handed moderation over here. :cogitating:

Trying to revive the other forum baffles me. I’m pretty sure heavy handed moderation here is not the motivator behind it more of an excuse.

Do you folks remember why this board was started?
Rucker started this site due to the heavy strong armed moderation and numbers of banned members on the old Joel site due to not aligning with the PC/politics of owners & moderators

IF you can remember that factoid, then you would also know why the other board originally was started..................and I'm not pissing on your couch...... :doh:

How many remember the origination of the Steel Shoots.....?

All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Erud on Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:49 pm

I was late to this party, so I don’t remember any of that.
Erud

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:11 pm

Erud wrote:I was late to this party, so I don’t remember any of that.

I remember using Joel’s site but I missed out on all the drama. Didn’t find this place until well later.
Ghost

Postby LarryFlew on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:13 pm

hammAR wrote:
Do you folks remember why this board was started?
Rucker started this site due to the heavy strong armed moderation and numbers of banned members on the old Joel site due to not aligning with the PC/politics of owners & moderators

IF you can remember that factoid, then you would also know why the other board originally was started..................and I'm not pissing on your couch......

HUGE understatement. Before the old site became totally unbearable it was busy and informative. After it started evolving it was painful to even be there. This site was then THE place to be. All in all still great people to be around and good discussions. Lost a little when some of the smarter and funnier people left or passed away and we evolved a bit here also. Happens with most forums I'm afraid. Lives change, interests change and none of us will live forever.

T has done a great job as lone moderator IMO. Other than a few PITA people that pop in once and awhile we're doing fine. Always room for more here and always room for other forums.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby rtk on Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:02 pm

The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat