People Who Left

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: People Who Left

Postby Rotary12 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:39 pm

I remember Joel's sire, I was on that one but dont remember any of the drama, I was a newbie then.
Rotary12

Liberate the U.S.
Support the Constitution
Remember 19 April 1775
Rotary12

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:58 pm

Rotary12 wrote:I remember Joel's sire, I was on that one but dont remember any of the drama, I was a newbie then.

the male parent of an animal, especially a stallion or bull kept for breeding.
Ghost

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:22 am

Ghost wrote:
Erud wrote:Is there still a moderator here? Serious question, as I do not know, but I know I haven't seen one in a long time. Cobb has not signed on in over 3 years. It's odd because I asked on the other forum why they were trying to get that going instead of just posting more on this board, and they said it was because of the heavy-handed moderation over here. :cogitating:

*Edit - looks like Ttousi and my posts crossed in mid-ether. I guess there is a moderator here.

Trying to revive the other forum baffles me. I’m pretty sure heavy handed moderation here is not the motivator behind it more of an excuse.

The main reason the "other forum" was continued, was the fact that the owner was going to let it just fade away, since he no longer wanted to keep it going and dedicating the time it takes to maintain a BB.

Given the current atmosphere of Anti-2A in many places in this country, I was not willing to let it just die. Due to the age of the software it was running, and the version of the php that all the old files/info are stored in, we still have not been able to get the old data updated to a version that the server can communicate with. All of that data is still backed up, with the hopes that one of us, can figure out how to update that data, then reincorporate that data back into the forum. As it stands now, the phpBB software on that site is due to be updated, and hopefully it can be done this weekend, or at least, in the next couple of weeks. The goal is to keep the software updated as soon as new versions are issued, with the goal of not allowing any data being forever lost.

That "other forum" will have VERY LITTLE moderation, with the main emphasis on sharing Gun Related topics, as well as the different principles in the gun arena. We just don't want pi$$ing matches between members. Otherwise it's a pretty open place.

Ttousi is doing a great job here, and is to be congratulated for his efforts and dedication to this forum. :bravo:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:31 am

ttousi wrote:most of my time is spent knocking out the spam bots from overseas........daily at least several

Ttousi

I found the same issues on the "other forum", but I found a way to almost completely stop it. The settings for registering as a new member were changed to a 2 word answer. Since that change, there hasn't been a single bot getting through, to spam the forum. If you need any help with the issue, don't hesitate to PM me, and I'll be glad to help, any way I can.

Now, if I could just find someone more literate in phpBB than me, and could figure out how to update the old data, to a more current version of the language, we could restore all the Old Data Files to our server/site. My "Tech Department" (wife) has been far too busy to assist at this time. :cry:
NRA RSO

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 am

Oh, great....now you just told the Bots the secret...... :lol:
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:01 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Oh, great....now you just told the Bots the secret...... :lol:

They aren't AI bots, so they don't have the ability to adapt :roll:
NRA RSO

BigDog58

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:13 pm

That's exactly what SKYNET wants you to think.... :o
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Rotary12 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:28 pm

yukonjasper wrote:That's exactly what SKYNET wants you to think.... :o

Skynet is real and will be taking over all our iot de ices as soon as 5g is live.
Rotary12

Liberate the U.S.
Support the Constitution
Remember 19 April 1775
Rotary12

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:03 am

Rotary12 wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:That's exactly what SKYNET wants you to think.... :o

Skynet is real and will be taking over all our iot de ices as soon as 5g is live.

They can have it.
Holland&Holland

Postby hammAR on Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:51 am

The main reason the "other forum" was continued, was the fact that the owner was going to let it just fade away, since he no longer wanted to keep it going and dedicating the time it takes to maintain a BB.

"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment"......................... :hmm:

:cheers:

All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:56 pm

Ghost wrote:
Rotary12 wrote:I remember Joel's sire, I was on that one but dont remember any of the drama, I was a newbie then.

the male parent of an animal, especially a stallion or bull kept for breeding.

He must have been really old.
Holland&Holland

People Who Left

Postby PhilaBOR on Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:47 pm

I just lost interest and rarely visit anymore. I do come back to get the Bang-Ping schedule each spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat