Do you trust StackOn?

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

Do you trust StackOn?

Postby jdege on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:22 pm

Do you trust StackOn safes?

Are they all this bad?

Last edited by jdege on Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdege

Re: Do you trust StackOn?

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:45 pm

LPL can open anything in like a minute or less, nothing is safe. I had to buy a set of picks because of him, some locks are surprisingly easy to open.

Much like gun laws, this stuff keeps honest people honest.
Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:40 pm

You could probably get my gun box open with a screwdriver, it's mainly so someone couldn't just walk off with my gun.
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:56 pm

That is what the claymore and tripwire are for.
Holland&Holland

Postby linksep on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:19 am

Anything less than a Sturdy Safe or a Zanotti Armor might as well be a wood cabinet with a glass door... which is why I have a wood cabinet with a glass door.

Cheap "safes" available locally are thin gauge sheet-metal wrapped around sheetrock for "fire resistance" and the false appearance of metal thickness.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby rtk on Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:43 am

It’s better than nothing.....
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Ghost on Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:16 am

linksep wrote:Anything less than a Sturdy Safe or a Zanotti Armor might as well be a wood cabinet with a glass door... which is why I have a wood cabinet with a glass door.

Cheap "safes" available locally are thin gauge sheet-metal wrapped around sheetrock for "fire resistance" and the false appearance of metal thickness.

I’d take a job box over a stack on any day. Just wouldn’t lock it with a master locks.
Ghost

Postby jdege on Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:52 am

linksep wrote:Anything less than a Sturdy Safe or a Zanotti Armor might as well be a wood cabinet with a glass door... which is why I have a wood cabinet with a glass door.

I have a fire safe for my important documents that I never bother to lock.
jdege

Postby DanM on Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:18 pm

rtk wrote:It’s better than nothing.....

I did my due diligence by making a reasonable effort to secure my firearms. Even though some 'gun safes' can be breached, I bought mine to keep honest people honest, and kids safe. So it's more likely that the insurance company would honor a replacement claim, as well as being harder to be found at fault if my guns were stolen.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
Thomas Jefferson
DanM

Postby linksep on Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:50 pm

Ghost wrote:

I’d take a job box over a stack on any day. Just wouldn’t lock it with a master locks.

Good point, I forgot about those... IF you lock your cutting, drilling, and prying tools in a job box, a second job box for your guns is is probably where you could legitimately claim that you are making a real effort to secure your guns and not just putting on a show for the bed-wetting anti-2A crowd.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Return to Reviews