ACTION: MN Anti-Gun Legislation

Firearms related political discussion forum

ACTION: MN Anti-Gun Legislation

Postby hammAR on Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:55 pm

Urge Your State Senator to Oppose Extreme Anti-Gun Legislation, House File 8 and House File 9

Yesterday, the Minnesota House of Representatives passed anti-gun carryover legislation from 2019, House File 8 and House File 9. Both bills now head to the Minnesota Senate for further consideration. NRA Members and Second Amendment supporters need to take action and remain vigilant this session. Anti-gun lawmakers are going to try to rush these gun control measures through the process with little time for public input. Please contact your State Senator and urge them to OPPOSE House File 8 and House File 9.

House File 8, sponsored by Rep. Dave Pinto (DFL-64B), bans the sale or transfer of firearms between private individuals without first paying fees and obtaining government permission. Firearm sales between friends or neighbors would not be exempted.

House File 9, sponsored by Rep. Ruth Richardson (DFL-52B), allows for a chief law enforcement officer or designee to petition the court for an ex parte order to remove an individual’s Second Amendment rights without due process. Constitutional rights should only be restricted with sufficient due process of law. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms should not be treated as a second-class right and should only be restricted when sufficient protections are in place.

https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/8041
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Re: ACTION: MN Anti-Gun Legislation

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:01 pm

Ghost

Postby bstrawse on Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:56 pm

See how your Rep voted: http://gunowners.mn/scorecard

Take action against this legislation: http://gunowners.mn/action

b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:21 pm

bstrawse wrote:See how your Rep voted: http://gunowners.mn/scorecard

b

Done
Ghost

Postby bstrawse on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:05 pm

Ghost wrote:
bstrawse wrote:See how your Rep voted: http://gunowners.mn/scorecard

b

Done

Thanks!
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:42 pm

Done here as well. I'm not sure how much good it will do with my useless "reps" (they never seem to represent me nor my wife). :badmood:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby bstrawse on Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:34 am

BigDog58 wrote:Done here as well. I'm not sure how much good it will do with my useless "reps" (they never seem to represent me nor my wife). :badmood:

Pressure has an impact - but if they're true believers it's unlikely to impact them.

We peeled off 5 DFLers on these bills that wound up voting against (6 on red flags actually, 5 on background checks) - and every GOP voted against.

These bills are unlikely to move in the Senate but we need to keep pressure on the GOP majority there to ensure they hold the line

Bryan
bstrawse

Postby Ghost on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:14 am

bstrawse wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:Done here as well. I'm not sure how much good it will do with my useless "reps" (they never seem to represent me nor my wife). :badmood:

Pressure has an impact - but if they're true believers it's unlikely to impact them.

We peeled off 5 DFLers on these bills that wound up voting against (6 on red flags actually, 5 on background checks) - and every GOP voted against.

These bills are unlikely to move in the Senate but we need to keep pressure on the GOP majority there to ensure they hold the line

Bryan

Nice work Bryan
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:32 am

What are the senate companion bill numbers so I can reference those when I contact my senator?
BigBlue

Postby andrewP on Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:54 am

I have informed my representative that his voting record over the last few years on gun issues has made it impossible for me to do other than vote against him even if I disagree with the person who opposes him this fall on every other issue. He has ignored all input I've previously given him on the subject, but at least he knows that one of his constituents is unhappy with him, so I guess that's something... :roll:
andrewP

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:53 pm

It is discouraging knowing that the Representatives are not going to vote the way you wish. Mystifying that a purportedly "conservative " city can't muster politicians who reflect the general attitude of the citizens. Conservatives suck at organizing.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:12 pm

My Senator assures me that they are not taking up these bills.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:20 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:My Senator assures me that they are not taking up these bills.

:rock:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to Politics