Pelosi Security Points Gun at Trump Supporters

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Pelosi Security Points Gun at Trump Supporters

Postby jdege on Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:40 am

https://shorenewsnetwork.com/2020/03/03/report-pelosi-security-points-loaded-rifles-at-trump-supporters-from-new-jersey-rooftop/
Report: Pelosi Security Points Gun at Trump Supporters From New Jersey Rooftop
A civilian on the sidewalk snapped this photo, showing a member of the Democrats’ security force, dangerously pointing a firearm at the crowd of civilians. By any standard, this unequivocally violates basic safety rules and calls into question training, and protocol

jdege

Re: Pelosi Security Points Gun at Trump Supporters

Postby Ironbear on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:00 am

Let's see
Jeff Cooper's Four Rules are:
All guns are always loaded.

"Loaded. Check!"
Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.

"Political opponents. Check!"
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.

"Targets acquired. Check!"
Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

"Crowd of deplorables. Check!"

Not sure any rules of "safety" were violated... but then, why characterize moral and ethical issues, combined with criminal behavior, as "safety" issues?
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Chunkychuck on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:17 am

Unless I’m mistaken, snipers are taught to use their scopes to surveil the crowd. So unless the sniper focused upon the Trump crowd only and for the complete time he was on the roof the complaint is a bogus one as far as I’m concerned. A Democrat could go to a Trump rally and wait for a sniper to surveil them and take picture and make same claim. As for the fact that the gun is loaded, if the sniper is part of actual security, his duties require his gun to be loaded. This story is a perfect example of what is wrong with the media. An action that no one would have thought amiss in the past, security snipers surveiling a crowd, has now become a partisan action based on whom is supplying the sniper.
Chunkychuck

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:51 am

Chunkychuck wrote:Unless I’m mistaken, snipers are taught to use their scopes to surveil the crowd. So unless the sniper focused upon the Trump crowd only and for the complete time he was on the roof the complaint is a bogus one as far as I’m concerned. A Democrat could go to a Trump rally and wait for a sniper to surveil them and take picture and make same claim. As for the fact that the gun is loaded, if the sniper is part of actual security, his duties require his gun to be loaded. This story is a perfect example of what is wrong with the media. An action that no one would have thought amiss in the past, security snipers surveiling a crowd, has now become a partisan action based on whom is supplying the sniper.

They got these new things some people have - called 'binoculars'.

Are you OK with deer hunters 'scoping out' other hunters, as well?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:43 am

Agree, the outrage is not founded. You have no idea if the guy had his finger even close to the trigger. I think you are right that it is pretty common to Glass the crowd using the high power optic you have in front of you. I'm no sniper, but I do that in the deer stand. If someone happened to be walking through the brush, there would be a weapon trained on the are of the noise.....

The hyperventilation to play the gotcha game gets old......
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby BigBlue on Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:54 am

Do we really need sniper overwatch of normal daily activities like these though? And who does he work for? If Secret Service or some other agency assigned to protect congress folks then maybe. But if some type of private security then I have issues. I'd expect a sniper at an event where the president or vice president was involved. Not much else.
BigBlue

Postby Jackpine Savage on Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:26 am

I was curious about who it was too. Pelosi is third in line. According to the internet she doesn't get Secret Service protection but is protected by Capitol Police.
Jackpine Savage

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:42 am

It is the rhetoric that fuels the belief that Trump supporters are a blood thirsty hoard of Neanderthals capable of anything....the believe it, so it must be so. Good point one actual need.

I am no ruling out crazy Liberal attacks to gore up controversy and finger pointing to right wing "extremists " groups to further the narrative....
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:46 am

Let's reverse the players involved.

If this were a leftist rally/protest and this happened, the leftist outrage machine would be in overdrive fueled by the alphabet tabloid media.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:00 am

Completely agree. Impeachment!
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby jdege on Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:25 pm

Chunkychuck wrote:Unless I’m mistaken, snipers are taught to use their scopes to surveil the crowd.

If that's true, snipers are taught wrong.
At least for actions in a law enforcement context.
jdege

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:26 pm

I’ll just point out the irony of guns protecting someone who doesn’t believe peons should have guns.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:12 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Agree, the outrage is not founded. You have no idea if the guy had his finger even close to the trigger. I think you are right that it is pretty common to Glass the crowd using the high power optic you have in front of you. I'm no sniper, but I do that in the deer stand. If someone happened to be walking through the brush, there would be a weapon trained on the are of the noise.....

Does not matter. Do cops walk around pointing guns at people who are not threats?
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:56 pm

jdege wrote:
Chunkychuck wrote:Unless I’m mistaken, snipers are taught to use their scopes to surveil the crowd.

If that's true, snipers are taught wrong.
At least for actions in a law enforcement context.

...because nothing has ever gone wrong with the fire control system on a Rem 700....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Chunkychuck on Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:22 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:Agree, the outrage is not founded. You have no idea if the guy had his finger even close to the trigger. I think you are right that it is pretty common to Glass the crowd using the high power optic you have in front of you. I'm no sniper, but I do that in the deer stand. If someone happened to be walking through the brush, there would be a weapon trained on the are of the noise.....

Does not matter. Do cops walk around pointing guns at people who are not threats?

That is not an apples to apples comparison. One is an overwatch. The other is a close encounter mission.
Chunkychuck

Next

Return to In The News