WTF?! Who’re the complete imbeciles emptying the shelves?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

WTF?! Who’re the complete imbeciles emptying the shelves?

Postby Bergie on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:38 pm

I’ve never posted a “rant” on a forum before, so am maybe opening Pandora’s box in doing so. And in that same vein, I suspect it’s not the people who are on this forum. But- Who are the complete dumbasses that are snapping up every 45 and 9mm rounds off the shelves?! This IS NOT teotwawki! We are seeing lots of people get sniffles....and sadly old people are losing the battle with a flu-like virus (God be with them, and prayers go out to their families) But cmon, this reminds me of the days when we thought we’d never see another .22 round. I’m so pissed! I’ve got a competition next month, so thought I’d put a 500-1,000 rounds of 45 down at 25 and 50 yard targets. Think any 45 rounds are available? NOPE. Some lesser than average bears must be thinking the CNN talking heads are right and they think we’re in for the apocalypse so they made a run for as many rounds as they could get. Paranoid halfwitted mindless rubes that don’t have an original thought in their tiny cerebral grey matter! Probably the same guys that drive the freeways with no clue as to what “slow traffic stay right” means. Gawd I’m mad. And probably the same feeble-minds that are using Tito’s vodka as a hand sanitizer. If you know one of these dimwit cretins, do us all a favor and buy them a ticket for a cruise in the near future. (Ok, I’m done now. I’m going to DRINK a Tito’s like they intended us to do.)
Bergie

Re: WTF?! Who’re the complete imbeciles emptying the shelves?

Postby ttousi on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:45 pm

MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby westhope on Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:18 pm

Where did you try to buy the ammo?
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby linksep on Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:46 pm

Bergie wrote:I’m going to DRINK a Tito’s like they intended us to do.

Sanitize from the inside... Smart!
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Sorcerer on Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Remember when Obama won his first election in November and by December 31st the only firearms left on the shelf was anything in 40 S&W. The 9 mm hand guns went first. The 45. Then 22,38,357. The corresponding ammunition in much the same order. Many of those firearms went home and maayyybbeee a box or two run through them then they went to the top shelf of the bedroom closet. Between recent election debates and now the health crisis scare those gun owners are restocking. By the way 9&45 have become scarce for over 3 to 4 weeks prior to now. Fleet Farm has been Out of Winchester white box for a little over 2 weeks. you have not been paying attention to the current events.
Sorcerer

Postby LarryFlew on Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:18 pm

Remind them all to buy all the condoms so they don't make more imbeciles.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby jdege on Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:00 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Remember when Obama won his first election in November and by December 31st the only firearms left on the shelf was anything in 40 S&W. The 9 mm hand guns went first. The 45. Then 22,38,357. The corresponding ammunition in much the same order. Many of those firearms went home and maayyybbeee a box or two run through them then they went to the top shelf of the bedroom closet. Between recent election debates and now the health crisis scare those gun owners are restocking. By the way 9&45 have become scarce for over 3 to 4 weeks prior to now. Fleet Farm has been Out of Winchester white box for a little over 2 weeks. you have not been paying attention to the current events.

I'm sure everybody who does remember has already stocked up enough to last a year or three.

Right?
jdege

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:24 pm

Every shelf of toilet paper, napkins, and paper towels was empty at my local target today. Every thing else was in stock. Explain to me why this epidemic will cause a shortage of paper products.
Holland&Holland

Postby ttousi on Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:26 am

https://www.natchezss.com/cci-blazer-br ... -pack.html

9mm brass........19/rd...........1000 ct bulk.....in stock
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby MJY65 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:58 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Every shelf of toilet paper, napkins, and paper towels was empty at my local target today. Every thing else was in stock. Explain to me why this epidemic will cause a shortage of paper products.

It could if a plant is shut down due to workers getting sick, but more likely people are just stocking up so they can hunker down for a few weeks. Perhaps a new generation of preppers will come out of this.
MJY65

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:00 am

MJY65 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Every shelf of toilet paper, napkins, and paper towels was empty at my local target today. Every thing else was in stock. Explain to me why this epidemic will cause a shortage of paper products.

It could if a plant is shut down due to workers getting sick, but more likely people are just stocking up so they can hunker down for a few weeks. Perhaps a new generation of preppers will come out of this.

Sure but won’t it be the same for Tide, coffee, shampoo, everything else too? Why just the paper industry?
Holland&Holland

Postby atomic41 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:02 am

I was in Fleetfarm yesterday and decided to stop over to see if there were any deals on 9mm since I'm low on that. The ammo isles were jammed up with idiots who I have to assume were emptying the shelves. I just said to myself, oh hell no and walked away. WTF? The media should be held accountable for creating this panic. :evil:
atomic41

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:06 am

atomic41 wrote:I was in Fleetfarm yesterday and decided to stop over to see if there were any deals on 9mm since I'm low on that. The ammo isles were jammed up with idiots who I have to assume were emptying the shelves. I just said to myself, oh hell no and walked away. WTF? The media should be held accountable for creating this panic. :evil:

The media is rarely held accountable for anything.
Holland&Holland

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:09 am

Bergie, you are not alone!

APOCALYPSE FEVER

I shoot a lot. Three times a week minimum, sometimes four, and if I’m lucky and time permits, five. So my shooting range/gun shop is what sociologists would call my Third Place. It’s not home, where I’m a spouse on duty from noon till one minute past noon, it’s not work since I am 10 years beyond the horrors of office life; it’s the place where I’m me without any effort. The talk is always banter, jibe and jest, all bonding courtesy of a sense of being a besieged community, and a general enthusiasm for the gizmos themselves. Needless to say, it’s as non-racist, non-classist, non-misogynist as any place in America.
More at link: hhttps://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/03/apocalypse-fever.php
Jackpine Savage

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:15 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:Bergie, you are not alone!

APOCALYPSE FEVER

I shoot a lot. Three times a week minimum, sometimes four, and if I’m lucky and time permits, five. So my shooting range/gun shop is what sociologists would call my Third Place. It’s not home, where I’m a spouse on duty from noon till one minute past noon, it’s not work since I am 10 years beyond the horrors of office life; it’s the place where I’m me without any effort. The talk is always banter, jibe and jest, all bonding courtesy of a sense of being a besieged community, and a general enthusiasm for the gizmos themselves. Needless to say, it’s as non-racist, non-classist, non-misogynist as any place in America.
More at link: hhttps://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/03/apocalypse-fever.php

I disagree with this wholeheartedly. I will take anyone to the range. I have taken many a liberal with me. Changing minds happens one at a time.
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to In The News